Dead in Vinland Redefines the Fight for Survival, Out Now on PC and Mac from Playdius and CCCP
Fight, Ration, and Explore the Unknown Island’s Beautifully Hand-painted Landscapes in this Survival Story-driven Management RPG
Paris — April 12, 2018 – French Developer CCCP and global independent games publisher Playdius today announced the launch of Dead in Vinland, available to download and purchase today on Windows PC and Mac for $19.99 USD/ €19.99 Euro with a launch week discount of 10% on Steam, GOG, and Origin until Thursday, April 19 at 10:00 AM PDT. Dead in Vinland pulls from many genres with survival management systems and RPG and adventure elements, with a focus on player choice.
Protagonist Eirik finds himself exiled from his home as he and his family struggle to survive in the new faraway land they call home. Help the Viking family survive and thrive as they run into one hazard after another. Manage their physical and mental health, explore the island, organize your camp and choose wisely when meeting hostile and friendly neighbors on the island. Discover some of the esoteric mysteries in Vinland — ones that could save your life… or lead to your own demise.
“We’re overjoyed to release at last our little baby after 2 years of intense development! We can’t wait to see how players will struggle to survive and see the end of this journey into Hell, and what strategies they will discover that even ourselves weren’t aware of,” said Matthieu Richez, CEO of CCCP and Lead Game Designer. “We’ll offer a good beer to the first player who reaches the end of the game in hard + true Viking mode… Good luck!“
Key features of Dead in Vinland include:
- Deep survival management simulation: Find and gather resources, secure supplies of food, manage the physical and mental health of your team, fight diseases and wounds, ration water supplies, and face terrible storms and droughts
- Challenging and turn-based: Randomized elements make it so there is no perfect strategy. Take your time and adapt to the situation to make the best decisions! With turn-based gameplay you have the time to make the best decisions. You’ll have to adapt to any crisis the game throws your way
- Three modes of difficulty: One for enjoying the story, another for a challenging story, and the third for an extremely difficult mode that even the developers can’t beat!
- Manage your community of up to 14 playable characters: Each with their own strengths, flaws, and unique stories, influence how their relationships evolve with meaningful dialog choices, and expect possible romances and betrayals
- Build your camp: Craft more than 130 upgrades for bonuses and expand your shelter with 18 activity stations, each with its own contributing mechanics
- Live your own adventure: complete 70 non-linear quests to reach the end of the game and learn about what happened to your characters after the end depending on your choices
- An island to explore: Featuring over 150 map areas with hundreds of objects to interact with as players can unveil the many secrets of the island and its beautiful, hand-painted landscapes
- Full RPG system: Usable objects, skills to upgrade, characters to level-up, and randomly generated character traits every time they level up
- Tactical turn-based combat system: Quick and deadly 3v3 battles with five unique playable character classes, each with its own set of fighting skills, and five passive classes
CCCP is a small French development studio. For a dozen years, we’ve kept on surviving by making educational games, but now we want to focus on making games that we’d like to play ourselves, especially MANAGEMENT and RPG games, with NARRATIVE elements. We want to make CHALLENGING and MEANINGFUL SOLO, PREMIUM games, where the player has to THINK and DISCOVER by himself.
Playdius is the publishing branch of Plug In Digital, video game distribution leader based in France. Since 2015, we have been patiently building a strong line up on PC, Consoles and Mobile with games from all over the world such as Hover, Bury Me My Love, Splasher or upcoming Away and Edge of Eternity. Our ambition is to bring to the players the very best of incredible indie production, with creative and different games that match with our motto: “Play Outside the Box”.