BLOCKBUSTER DINOSAUR SURVIVAL GAME – ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED – COMING TO iOS AND ANDROID DEVICES
Join Forces with Friends to Create Massive Tribes to Tame and Train over 80 Prehistoric Beasts
Gainesville, FL – March 15, 2018 – Studio Wildcard announced today an agreement with veteran mobile developer War Drum Studios (Bully, Grand Theft Auto, Auralux), to bring the entire ARK: Survival Evolved massively multiplayer survival experience to mobile devices. Designed and developed by War Drum, ARK: Survival Evolved mobile is free-to-play and puts the genre-defining adventure in the palm of your hand, letting you join forces with tens of thousands of other dino-hunters. This on-the-go version features the full online survival experience contained in the PC and console versions of ARK, including a gigantic island to explore, 80+ dinosaurs and primeval creatures to tame and train, multiplayer tribe mechanics, and of course, crafting and building!
Today War Drum launched a limited Closed Beta on iOS, with a full worldwide launch anticipated later this Spring on the iOS App Store and Google Play Store. Interested ARK survivors can visit www.playark.com/mobile to sign up for news on the game’s development and for your chance to participate in the ARK mobile beta.
Choosing from single-player or the persistent online multiplayer, ARK survivors will be stranded on a mysterious island, unarmed and beset with danger on all sides. Craft the tools needed to survive then build bases, and tame one of the amazing dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts, including gargantuan creatures on a scale never before seen in video games!
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile Features:
- 80+ Dinosaurs: Use cunning strategy and tactics to tame, train, ride and breed the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
- Discover: Unearth rare blueprints and Explorer Notes written by previous human denizens of the ARK from across the millennia, detailing the mysterious island’s creatures and backstory.
- Craft and Build: Using any means necessary – survive, craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters, villages, or even large cities. Plant, Harvest, Build, Level-Up, and Customize everything visually and functionally, including procedurally-generated RPG statistics for creatures, characters, resources, clothing, gear, and weapons, both primitive and modern.
- Play Alone or Team Up to Survive: Team up with, or prey on, up to 50 other players in a large-scale multiplayer online first-person environment, or choose single player mode to test alone your mettle against the dinos.
- Join a Tribe: The ‘Tribe’ system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, XP, and re-spawn points.
Fly a Pterodactyl squadron over the snow-capped mountains, race through the deep jungle with your pack of trained Raptors, tromp through a fortified enemy base along a convoy of gigantic Brontosaurus, or chase down prey on the back of a raging T-Rex. Players will quickly learn that dinosaurs aren’t the only dangerous creatures on the island. Other survivors are organizing rebel tribes to accumulate resources, experience, re-spawn points, and to construct sprawling villages and cities, with technology spanning the primitive stone-age to the modern electric-powered era and beyond. And they will fight to destroy anything they see as a threat.
Since its launch into Steam’s early access program in June 2015, over 13 Million survivor’s across PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have been stranded on the ARK island, wandering into an incredible land to discover how to tame, train, ride, and breed the 80+ dinosaurs and primeval creatures roaming the land.
# # #
ABOUT STUDIO WILDCARD
Studio Wildcard was co-founded in 2014 by industry veteran Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, former Technical Art Director at Microsoft Game Studios, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions that are designed for core gamers. With combined 25 years of industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Jeremy and Jesse have teamed up with other veteran developers for Seattle, WA-based and Gainesville, FL-based development studios that also include distributed team members across multiple continents. Wherever talented, driven developers may reside, Studio Wildcard intends to seek out and work with them!
ABOUT WAR DRUM STUDIOS
Based in Gainesville, Florida, War Drum Studios is a cutting edge game developer with a pedigree in development and conversions including multiple titles in the Grand Theft Auto series and the original Max Payne along with original development on the critical and commercial success, Auralux. The studio focuses on rapid development of games with a high standard of quality and excellent gameplay.