GOLEM GATES, A REAL-TIME STRATEGY AND COLLECTIBLE CARD GAME HYBRID, RELEASES FIRST MAJOR EPISODE OF ITS SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN ON STEAM TODAY
Witness the Birth of The Harbinger in Story Content Update for Dark Fantasy Strategy Game from Talent Behind Epic’s Gears of War and Marvel Studio Films
APEX, NC (JANUARY 31, 2018) – Laser Guided Games LLC — an independent developer made up of industry veterans from Epic Games — and Hollow Earth Inc., the studio responsible for character design in blockbuster Marvel films Spider-Man: Homecoming, Iron Man and the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, today released the first major story content update for their dark fantasy strategy game Golem Gates. Players of the real-time strategy (RTS) and collectible card game (CCG) hybrid title can experience Golem Gates’ lore-rich world through Book I of the episodic single-player story campaign, available today as a free update through Steam.
It all begins with a mysterious voice, reaching from the unknown — calling from the darkness to summon you, The Harbinger. An outcast in this forsaken world, The Harbinger is given purpose: find the monolithic Golem Gates which aid the enemy, and destroy them to be redeemed. Book I of Golem Gate’s single-player story campaign teaches the player to wield the power of The Harbinger to manipulate and command nanites from The Ash — an ancient power that resides in the world’s atmosphere. Follow the unseen force that compels you to take up arms in five story missions that put you on the course to unraveling the mysteries surrounding the golem’s long-lost creators. But beware, there are others with power over The Ash.
“We’re thrilled to introduce players to the The Harbinger, the protagonist of the game, and the Golem Gates themselves, the ominous giant structures that protect the enemy,” said Josh Nizzi, Head of Hollow Earth Inc. “We can’t wait for players to dive deeper into the dark and dangerous world of Golem Gates — stay tuned for even more twists and revelations ahead!”
“With the introduction of the Golem Gates single-player campaign, players can now further immerse themselves in its arcane setting,” said Matt Oelfke, Founder and Lead Developer at Laser Guided Games. “Our Early Access players enjoying Golem Gates’ multiplayer side couldn’t get enough of the world we created, so we’ve expanded our scope to deliver even more single-player content than originally planned. Book I is just the beginning, and we can’t wait to hear what fans think!”
In Golem Gates, players collect cards (called Glyphs) and strategically weave them into a deck to prepare for battle. Battles are fast-paced and highly tactical with streamlined resource management to keep the focus on the unrelenting action. Through Steam Early Access players can take their glyph decks online in various competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes, and experience the beginnings of Golem Gate’s epic story ahead of launch. In addition to new story content, today’s update also adds a new Trials Mode for a series of diverse challenges. Golem Gates delivers both intense combat and strategy, blending multiple genres for a truly unique experience.
- Dynamic Diversity: Create your own unique battle plan to counter your opponents with nearly 100 collectible card game inspired Glyphs, including units, buildings, traps, buffs, debuffs and techs, that provide nearly limitless strategy options.
- Multiple Modes: Experience the evolving story of Golem Gates’ single-player campaign and take the fight online with friends in cooperative and survival-based modes.
- May the RNG Gods Smile Upon You: Randomized Glyph drawing puts a slightly different spin on every battle by eliminating monotonous build sequences, while rewarding deck building mastery and strategic planning chops in equal measure.
- Streamlined Strategy: Build and enhance your forces with Glyphs; no production or research buildings are needed. Capture resources in King of the Hill style skirmishes without dedicated gathering units and keep your focus where it belongs — on the battle.
- Fight Where You Have Sight: Glyphs can be played almost anywhere you have an existing presence. Add more forces to a battle to turn the tide, transform a scouting party into an army, place emergency defenses to respond to the enemy or hide an outpost in a direction the enemy doesn’t expect. The choices are yours, but beware: the enemy will do the same and with the right Glyph, your forces can be destroyed as quickly as they were created.
Golem Gates is a collaborative project developed by Laser Guided Games and Hollow Earth Inc. Laser Guided Games is made up of veterans from Epic Games who have worked on blockbuster game franchises such as Gears of War and Unreal Tournament. The Hollow Earth team specializes in art design and story development with past experience working on blockbuster Marvel films Spider-Man: Homecoming and Iron Man, as well as the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War and Black Panther, in addition to the Transformers movie franchise.
Golem Gates is available for purchase now via Steam Early Access for Windows PC for an early adopter price of $19.99 at http://store.steampowered.com/app/575970/Golem_Gates. The complete game emerges from Early Access on March 28, 2018.
For more information about Golem Gates, please visit www.golemgates.com.
About Laser Guided Games LLC
Made up of veterans from Epic Games, Laser Guided Games is an independent video game developer based in North Carolina that specializes in developing PC games with unique mechanics. Laser Guided Games is headed up by Matt Oelfke, who worked as a programmer and designer at Epic Games on blockbuster game franchises such as Gears of War and Unreal Tournament, and Rob McLaughlin, a veteran programmer who has worked on titles such as Civilization, Gears of War and Unreal Tournament.
About Hollow Earth Inc.
Hollow Earth head, Josh Nizzi, worked as a concept designer on blockbuster Marvel films (e.g., The Avengers, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Iron Man) and the Transformers movieverse before returning to game development full-time. Prior to his work in movies, Nizzi was involved in the development of such games as Red Faction and MechAssault 2.