Amazon Appstore Launches Retro Zone: A Hub For All Things Old-School Gaming
Retro Zone is the ultimate destination for gamers to find content, discounts and exclusives on retro games, consoles, toys and more just in time for the holidays
Amazon Appstore today launched Retro Zone, www.amzn.to/retro_zone, the ultimate online destination for all things retro gaming. Retro Zone provides an easy and simple way for fans to get their hands on classic throwback items, including their favorite retro games now available on mobile devices, as well as classic consoles, toys, clothing, books, action figures and more. In addition to being a hub for retro game products, Retro Zone will also feature discounts and exclusive in-game content on popular mobile retro games on the Amazon Appstore.
Top products available on Retro Zone include:
- Retro Mobile Games:
- Double Dragon Trilogy, RayStorm, Metal Slug 3, Final Fantasy V, Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee, Stranger Things: The Game and more
- Retro Console Gaming:
- NES Classic Edition, Atari Flashback 7 Deluxe Special Edition, Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition, 3DS XL Retro NES Edition System, Sega Genesis Classic Game Console 2016 and more
- Retro Toys:
- Mega Man Figure, Sonic the Hedgehog Plushy, Pokemon Plushies, Free Rider Remote Controlled Sonic, Crash Bandicoot PVC Painted Statue and more
- Retro Clothing:
- Atari, Nintendo, SEGA t-shirts and more
- Retro Books:
- NES/Famicom: A Visual Compendium, The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia, Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive Volume 1 and more
Each month a new rotation of discounted games and exclusive products will be featured on Retro Zone. This week Amazon is kicking off with some great deals, including:
- Retro Mobile Games Deals:
- Save 29% on RayForce + Amazon exclusive stage 2 soundtrack
- Save 20% on RayStorm + Amazon exclusive stage 2 soundtrack
- Save 66% on Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee + Amazon exclusive orange skinned Abe
Retro Zone also includes a “Featured Games” section which highlights exclusive content for some of the top retro games only available on the Amazon Appstore, including Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee with an Amazon-exclusive orange skinned Abe, Glow Hockey, the Amazon Edition with exclusive Echo pucks, and RayForce and RayStorm with exclusive stage 2 soundtracks only on Amazon Appstore.
To celebrate the launch, Retro Zone will be giving away five SNES Classics. Fans can visit the Retro Zone landing page for full giveaway details.
Retro gaming’s most iconic companies, including SEGA, Nintendo, Atari and Square Enix, will have their own featured pages on Retro Zone, bringing together everything from classic consoles, vintage physical games and accessories, to apparel and much more.
Fans can visit Retro Zone here or on the Retro Zone tab on the new Amazon Appstore for Android where you can level up on the go – https://www.amazon.com/androidapp. Assets for Retro Zone are available on request.