Teesside, UK – August 14th, 2017 – One-man development team Wizard Fu, comprised of Nathanael Weiss, and publisher Double Eleven are delighted to announce that Songbringer will be releasing on Xbox One and PC on September 1st and PlayStation™ 4 on September 5th.
Play as Roq, a space-faring planetary surveyor who wakes up shirtless on a strange planet. With the help of your robot companion Jib, it’s your job to save the universe from the ancient evil army you’ve accidentally awoken. Only by exploring the harsh world of Ekzerra, mastering the dungeons and defeating its fearsome bosses will you unlock the secrets of your own power and return the galaxy to peace.
Songbringer is an action RPG inspired by the original Zelda games with real time combat, a wide range of weapons and a ton of hidden secrets. World maps are generated from a six-letter world seed, which determines the layout of the overworld and dungeons.
- Single-player action RPG
- Local co-operative two player mode
- Full gamepad support, including rumble
- Real time combat
- 7 kinds of weapons including the nanosword, boomerang-like top hat, bombs, blink orb, ghost sword projectile, lighter and kilobombs
- Hundreds of unique items and powerups
- Some items can be combined, for example: ghost sword + lightning cube = lightning sword
- Hidden items, secret entrances, secret pathways, bomb-able walls
- Original soundtrack
- Online leaderboards highlight the top players based on completion time, percentage of map uncovered and percentage of items found
- Roguelike-inspired permadeath option which gives a higher score on the leaderboard and allows for faster runs
- Approximately 6-12 hours of gameplay per adventure, depending on thoroughness
- Procedurally generated overworld and dungeons
- Each generated world contains: 1 overworld, 10 dungeons and 13 primary bosses
About Double Eleven
Double Eleven is a UK-based indie publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment. Some of Double Eleven’s most popular titles include Prison Architect and Goat Simulator (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation™ 3, PlayStation™ 4) and the team have recently released Super Cloudbuilt on Steam, Xbox One and PlayStation™ 4.
About Wizard Fu Games
Wizard Fu Games is a one-man indie game development studio based in Oakland, California. Nathanael Weiss does the programming, design, art, music and business. Wizard Fu’s current game in development is Songbringer, a procedurally-generated action RPG. Plans are to release the game summer of 2017 on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One.