JACKBOX GAMES LAUNCHES THE JACKBOX PARTY PACK AND THE JACKBOX PARTY PACK 2 ON NINTENDO SWITCH
Hilarious Party Games YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, Drawful, Fibbage, Quiplash and More Arrive on Nintendo Switch in Two Critically Acclaimed Game Collections
The Jackbox Party Pack 4 to Come to Nintendo Switch This Fall
CHICAGO – Aug. 17, 2017 – Jackbox Games has released The Jackbox Party Pack and The Jackbox Party Pack 2 on the Nintendo Switch™ console. These two original collections, each with five guffaw-inducing multiplayer games, are available to purchase digitally today through the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch for $24.99 each.
As a bonus, players who own any of the first three titles in The Jackbox Party Pack series on Nintendo Switch will receive a 20% discount when purchasing any other title in the series from the Nintendo eShop. This includes today’s releases, as well as The Jackbox Party Pack 3, which debuted on the console earlier this year. This discount promotion will activate by Aug. 18 in the North American eShop, but will not be available until next week in Europe and Australia. Jackbox will update the community when the offer goes live in these territories through its social channels.
Jackbox Games also recently announced that The Jackbox Party Pack 4, a new bundle featuring Fibbage 3, Survive the Internet, Monster Seeking Monster, and two more original titles yet to be revealed, will launch on Nintendo Switch this fall.
The Jackbox Party Pack features five classic games:
- YOU DON’T KNOW JACK 2015: The comedy trivia game sensation, featuring hundreds of brain-twisting questions (1-4 players).
- Fibbage XL: A bigger, better version of the fun bluffing game Fibbage, with 50% more questions than the original (2-8 players).
- Drawful: Compete with other artists in a bizarre drawing game, utilizing your phone or tablet as a canvas (3-8 players).
- Word Spud: Take turns in a fill-in-the-blank word game that can get as vulgar as you want it to be (2-8 players)!
- Lie Swatter: A fun party game in which swarms of players compete to separate the lies from the truth (1-100 players).
The Jackbox Party Pack 2 includes five boisterous titles:
- Fibbage 2: The hit bluffing game returns with over 500 brand-new questions and new features like the deFIBrillator (2-8 players).
- Earwax: Compete in a hear-larious sound-effects game (3-8 players)!
- Bidiots: The strangely competitive and absurd art auction game that lets you draw right on your phone or tablet. Outbid your opponents for weird art pieces drawn by players themselves (3-6 players)!
- Quiplash XL: The gut-busting, say-anything game, expanded with all the content from Quiplash and Quip Pack 1, plus over 100 bonus prompts (3-8 players)!
- Bomb Corp.: Defuse bombs to keep your job as interns at the office of Bomb Corp. You’ll probably die, but it’s good work experience (1-4 players)!
Titles in The Jackbox Party Pack series utilize phones or tablets as controllers. By entering a room code at Jackbox.tv, players can easily join in on the fun. In addition, The Jackbox Party Pack 2 features Audience Mode, allowing up to 10,000 players to influence the outcome of specific games as spectators.
Both The Jackbox Party Pack and The Jackbox Party Pack 2 are rated T (Teen) by the ESRB. For the latest from Jackbox Games, visit www.jackboxgames.com, and follow the studio on Facebook, Twitter and Twitch.
About Jackbox Games
Jackbox Games, formerly Jellyvision Games, is a developer and publisher of party games on major gaming platforms and home entertainment devices. The studio is best known for comedic party games like YOU DON’T KNOW JACK, Fibbage, Quiplash and Drawful. Jackbox Games “make the world’s best party games” according to Business Insider. YOU DON’T KNOW JACK has been called “the greatest quiz-show game ever made” by The Onion’s A.V. Club. All current-generation Jackbox games feature the innovative use of mobile devices as controllers, allowing anyone with an internet-connected phone, tablet or laptop to join a game without the need for extra game controllers. Players connect to games on their devices by going to http://jackbox.tv and entering the custom game code displayed via the system hosting the game. This unique concept also allows for games that involve secret player input. The digital release of The Jackbox Party Pack, a massive collection of five party games, was named “Best Local Multiplayer Game of the Year” by Giant Bomb. The company is located in Chicago, Illinois.