MABINOGI DUEL RECEIVES NEW CONTENT UPDATE FEATURING BLAZBLUE
Popular Fighting Game BlazBlue Meets the Definitive Strategic Mobile Trading Card Game in Latest Content Update for iOS and Android
Seoul – March 1, 2017 – Worlds collide in the widely-popular strategic trading card game (TCG) Mabinogi Duel, developed by NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games, with the latest epic content update – the “Mabinogi Duel x BlazBlue Collaboration”. The new update created in partnership with BlazBlue series developer, Arc System Works, is now available to new and returning players to download in the App Store and on Google Play.
Based on Mabinogi, the acclaimed massively multiplayer online (MMO) PC game, Mabinogi Duel lets TCG strategists duel with beautifully designed character cards against rival champions and rising stars from all over the world. The “Mabinogi Duel x BlazBlue Collaboration” update introduces 24 news cards and dialogues based on the original storyline and characters from the popular arcade and console fighting video game series, BlazBlue.
The new update includes:
- BlazBlue Collaboration Booster Cards: battle with 24 new cards (19 creature cards and five spell cards) and experience original dialogues from the BlazBlue game storyline when duelists play with the new character cards;
- BlazBlue Hero Event: players who purchase the “Blazblue Collaboration Season Booster Pack” and acquire BLZ Season Cards for each heroes will earn cards featuring the popular characters from BlazBlue, such as Ragna, Jin, Noel and Rachel, to use during dueling matches, now through March 15;
- For Ragna’s card, players must obtain 25 BLZ Season Cards
- For Jin’s card, players must obtain 50 BLZ Season Cards
- For Noel’s card, players must obtain 75 BLZ Season Cards
- For Rachel’s card, players must obtain 100 BLZ Season Cards
- New Competition Arena: duelists battle in a new arena with special rules, such as inhibiting spell usage in the PvP arena, to earn various rewards, such as gems, special tickets and EXT cards for differing arena ranks, now through March 15;
- In-game Challenges: for a limited time, players compete and progress in challenge levels for tiered rewards, such as discount tickets, special tickets and gems, now through March 14;
Additional Information for members of the press:
- New Mabinogi Duel trailer: https://youtu.be/g8x0FE0LsfE
- Visit the official Mabinogi Duel website: http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/us/
- Official Mabinogi Duel Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/mabinogiduel
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world’s first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.