The Warlock of Firetop Mountain — the latest in a growing list of adventure and interactive fiction titles from Tin Man Games — has released for iPhone and iPad! This epic reimagining of the beloved Fighting Fantasy gamebook is a Universal App for iPhone and iPad priced at $4.99 USD (or equivalent in local currency). Pad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5S, and newer devices are supported.
About the Game
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain game is a digital reimagining of the classic adventure gamebook that pays homage to its tabletop role-playing game roots, complete with a rich interactive 3D map, collectable digital miniatures, an updated combat system, and the ability to explore Firetop Mountain with multiple characters. The game comes pre-loaded with four heroes, each with their own motives for exploring the mountain and challenging the powerful warlock who guards its treasure.
- Tabletop adventure comes to life with figurines and an environment that assembles itself
- Fully interactive story with thousands of choices that change for each of the four heroes
- Story and choices adapt to your adventuring style with unique hero quests to complete
- Over 100 beautifully crafted character and monster figurines to find and interact with
- Simultaneous turn-based combat system using hero weapon skills and clashing dice
- Outwit your opponents by learning their fighting styles and predicting their moves
- More heroes, fighting styles, and quests available to download
In 1982 Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone, co-founders of Games Workshop and the first distributors for Dungeons and Dragons in Europe, wrote the first Fighting Fantasy gamebook: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain. In a time when videogaming and the RPG industry were in their infancy, the adventure gamebook allowed wannabe adventurers to journey to other worlds, engage with evil forces, and decide the fate of the quest they were set upon. With the success of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain came a whole series of Fighting Fantasy adventures, over 50 of them with supporting novels and tabletop role-playing systems. Including The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Tin Man Games has developed and released 8 of the original Fighting Fantasy books as digital gamebook apps.