New FINAL FANTASY XV content including Booster Pack + and NieR: AUTOMATA collaboration now available
A KING’S TALE available for free in March
LONDON (20th February 2017) – Square Enix Ltd., today launched the FINAL FANTASY®XV Booster Pack + DLC, now available to all Season Pass holders.
The Booster Pack + contains powerful items that give players a potent combat advantage and improve their angling skills. These items include:
- Ragnarok – A single-handed sword allowing players to perform a powerful Warp-strike attack
- Dragon Drain – A fishing rod that suppresses the movement of fish, making harder fish easier to catch
- Avior – A reel that can pull in fish with greater strength, by taking off more HP the lower the line durability falls
The Booster Pack (Free Version), free DLC that includes the Magitek Exosuit, will be released at a later date.
In another new update (1.05) released this week, two new music tracks from the upcoming action-RPG NieR: Automata™ (“Song of the Ancients/Destiny,” “Weight of the World”) have been added to the music player in FINAL FANTASY XV, letting players enjoy the atmosphere of the game’s world while driving the Regalia, walking around or riding a chocobo. Several other additions and improvements include:
- Addition of timed quests
- Increased level cap, from 99 to 120
- Total number of saved photos increased from 150 to 200
- Music player is now accessible while riding chocobos
- Support for increased framerate on PlayStation®4 Pro lite mode
A KING’S TALE™: FINAL FANTASY® XV, previously only available as a pre-order promotion will be free to all from 1st March – available to download via Xbox Games Store and the PlayStation® Store. A KING’S TALE: FINAL FANTASY XV is an action game with retro-styled graphics and fast-paced combat. Taking place a fictitious 30 years before FINAL FANTASY XV, the action centres around King Regis and his faithful companions (Weskham, Cid and Clarus) defending the royal capital from raiding monsters.
A KING’S TALE: FINAL FANTASY XV Key Features:
- Deep Combat System – Combos, counters, and Regis’ signature “Warp Strike” combine for lightning fast real-time combat that rewards fast reflexes and smart tactics.
- Companions – Three distinct companions offer unique and new ways to attack as well as tailored super moves that deal massive damage.
- Magic – Ignite the battlefield, freeze your enemies, or electrify your foes with Fire, Ice, and Lightning magic.
- Summons – Call upon epic Astral entities to decimate your foes in jaw-dropping ways.
FINAL FANTASY XV is available now worldwide for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system. For more information on FINAL FANTASY XV, visit: http://www.finalfantasyxv.com/
FINAL FANTASY XV YouTube: https://YouTube.com/FinalFantasyXV
FINAL FANTASY XV Twitter®: @FFXVEN
FINAL FANTASY XV Instagram: @FFXV
FINAL FANTASY XV Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/ffxv/
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as IO Interactive™, Crystal Dynamics®, and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 130 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 70 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 58 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found at http://eu.square-enix.com/en
FINAL FANTASY XV © 2016, 2017 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
MAIN CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA
FINAL FANTASY XV, FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY logo, A KING’S TALE, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS MONTREAL, IO INTERACTIVE, NIER, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, SPACE INVADERS, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. “PlayStation,” “PlayStation Portable” and “PS4” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment. Xbox One is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.