2K and Hangar 13 Announce Details for Mafia III Collector’s Edition
Physical collector’s edition to include vinyl licensed soundtrack and game score, Playboy and Alberto Vargas lithographs, and more physical and digital content
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #Mafia3
Sydney, Australia – June 2, 2016 – 2K and Hangar 13 today announced details for the collector’s edition of Mafia III, the next installment in the popular organized crime game series. The Mafia III Collector’s Edition is packed with physical and digital items, providing a window into the sights and sounds of a turbulent 1968 New Bordeaux, Louisiana, the seedy criminal underworld of Mafia III. The Mafia III Collector’s Edition will be available for AU$189.95/NZ$199.95 (MSRP) for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC on October 7, 2016. Those who pre-order any edition of Mafia III will receive the Family Kick-Back bonus, which includes three exclusive vehicles and weapons available to players at launch.
The Mafia III Collector’s Edition includes:
- Mafia III: Official Soundtrack of New Bordeaux – 180 gram vinyl pressing featuring some of the 60’s greatest hit makers, including Otis Redding & Carla Thomas, Sam Cooke, The Animals, and more. The vinyl is a sampling of the larger in-game soundtrack, that includes an eclectic mix of Rock, Rhythm and Blues, and Pop, all colliding against a backdrop of war, civil unrest, and sweeping social changes that defined the 1960s.
- Mafia III: Original Game Score – 180 gram vinyl pressing of the original game score for Mafia III. Composed by Jesse Harlin and Jim Bonney, two of the industry’s great composers, the Mafia III original game score is a Rhythm and Blues inspired tour through a city ruled by organized crime and corrupt officials, and the setting for Lincoln Clay’s emotional story of loss and revenge.
- Exclusive Collectible Art Prints – Two lithographs from Playboy and the Alberto Vargas Estate representing a vast collection of art for players to discover in-game.
- The Art of Mafia III Collectable Art Book – A 56-page visual look at the creation of New Bordeaux, a new game world fashioned after New Orleans in the summer of 1968.
- Lincoln Clay Replica Dog Tags – 1960s US military issue replicas. These are the tags of a combat-hardened Vietnam vet fueled by the need for military-grade revenge against the Italian Mafia.
- Faux Leather Establishment Drink Coasters – Representing the Paradiso Casino and Sammy’s in-game criminal establishments, these aren’t just souvenirs, but symbols of Lincoln Clay’s motivations for revenge.
- Season Pass – Future post-release downloadable content bundled at a discount.
- For the track listings of the Official Soundtrack of New Bordeaux and Original Game Score, plus complete Mafia III: Collector’s Edition details, visit: https://blog.2k.com/news/en-whats-inside-mafia-iii-collectors-edition.
In addition to the inclusion of Playboy and Alberto Vargas Estate art prints in the collector’s edition, players can discover and collect Playboy and Alberto Vargas content in-game in all versions of Mafia III. Collectible in-game Playboy content will immerse players into 1968 America with authentic magazine covers and additional magazine content.
Players looking for a Mafia experience prior to the launch of Mafia III can play Mafia II on PC when the title is re-released on Steam today. To celebrate the re-release, players can pick up Mafia II and all of the game’s downloadable content at an 80% discount today through to June 8, 2016. In Mafia II, players are immersed in the Golden Era of the Italian Mafia as Vito Scaletta, who also appears in Mafia III as one of Lincoln Clay’s lieutenants.
About Mafia III
Mafia III is set in the open world of 1968 New Bordeaux, a reimagined version of New Orleans bustling with activity and complete with era-inspired cars, fashion and music. After years of combat in Vietnam, Lincoln Clay knows this truth: family isn’t who you’re born with, it’s who you die for. Now, back home in New Bordeaux, Lincoln is set on escaping his criminal past. When his surrogate family, the black mob, is betrayed and wiped out by the Italian Mafia, Lincoln builds a new family from the ashes of the old and blazes a path of military-grade revenge through those responsible. Intense gun fights, visceral hand-to-hand combat, white-knuckle driving, hard choices and street smarts will all be required to survive the mean streets of New Bordeaux. But with the right crew, it’s possible to make it to the top of the city’s underworld.
Standard, limited deluxe and limited collector’s editions of Mafia III will be available October 7, 2016 for PS4™ system, Xbox One and Windows PC. Mafia III is not yet rated in Australia and New Zealand. For more information on Mafia III, subscribe on YouTube, follow us on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook and visit http://MafiaGame.com.
2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.