ROCKET LEAGUE AVAILABLE NOW FOR XBOX ONE
Sports-Action Phenom Scores Big on Xbox One with Exclusive Halo and Gears of War Battle-Cars, Bundled DLC Packs, Unique Items, and More!
SAN DIEGO, CA – February 17, 2016 – Xbox One owners rejoice! Independent video game developer and publisher, Psyonix, announced today that its “soccer-meets-driving” sports-action megahit, Rocket League, is available now on Xbox One for USD $19.99.
Made possible by the ID@Xbox self-publishing program and co-developed by the talented team at Panic Button Games, the new Xbox One version of Rocket League is fully optimized for the all-in-one system with several high-value content upgrades already built-in; including two Xbox One-exclusive Battle-Cars: the Halo “HogSticker,” an alternate version of the famous Warthog Force Application Vehicle, and the Gears of War “Armadillo,” an Armored Personnel Carrier.
For the equivalent price of the PS4™ and PC versions, the Xbox One version also comes bundled with three previously-released DLC packs – Supersonic Fury, Revenge of the Battle-Cars, and Chaos Run – at no additional charge. Xbox One-exclusive Garage items based on Insomniac Games’ Sunset Overdrive and supplementary Halo and Gears of War-inspired wheels, antennas, and more, are also included.
The full list of Xbox One Rocket League exclusives include:
- Exclusive Halo “HogSticker,” an alternate version of the Warthog
- Exclusive Gears of War “Armadillo,” the famed Armored Personnel Carrier
- Gears of War – Armadillo
- Gears of War – COG
- Halo – Puma
- Gears of War – COG Symbol
- Gears of War – COG Tag
- Gears of War – Locust
- Halo – Guilty Spark
- Halo – Insurrection Rebels
- Halo – New Mombasa Cavaliers
- Halo – Swords of Sanghelios
- Sunset Overdrive – Fizzie
- Gears of War – Imulsion
- Sunset Overdrive – OverCharge
In Rocket League on Xbox One, players can drive both Gears of War AND Halo-themed Battle-Cars.
Watch the Xbox One launch trailer on YouTube HERE: youtu.be/7921v2ytL7M
“With the release of the Xbox One version, fans now have access to some of the coolest exclusives out there, along with the kind of multiplayer gameplay that has made Rocket League a passion for players and our studio,” said Dave Hagewood, Studio Director and CEO, Psyonix. “We’re packing a lot of content in there right off the bat, which we hope is a warm welcome for our new community of Xbox One players all over the world.”
Rocket League on Xbox One will feature aggressive post-launch support and the same premium DLC planned for the other systems, including the Back to the Future™ Car Pack, which is also available for purchase now as day-one DLC.
The Xbox One version of Rocket League also includes:
- Battle-Cars: 16 different Battle-Cars, plus two Exclusive vehicles: Halo’s HogSticker and the Armadillo from Gears of War
- Garage Customization Items: More than 400 different pieces, including Paint Types, Wheels, Rocket Trails, Antennas, and Toppers
- Maps: DFH Stadium, Beckwith Park, Mannfield, Urban Station, Utopia Coliseum, Wasteland (with multiple variants of most of those maps)
- Multiplayer: 4-Player Splitscreen, 8-Player Online. Ranked and Unranked Play, Special Mutator-Themed playlist(s), Private Match support (with named rooms and optional passwords)
- Game Modes: Exhibition 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, Unfair Mode (1v2, 1v3, 1v4), Offline Season Mode
- More Features: Replay Viewer, Customizable controls, “Mutator” game-variant options (Ball Type, Ball Speed, Boost Strength, Max Score, Match Length, etc., etc.)
Winner or nominee of more than 100 game of the year awards, Rocket League is one of the most critically-acclaimed games of 2015. Boasting a community of more than 11 million players, Rocket League is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem that offers easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Available digitally on Xbox One, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Windows PC via Steam, Rocket League includes more than 100 billion possible customization combinations, a fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely.
# # #
Based in San Diego, CA, Psyonix is a critically-acclaimed independent video game developer and leading experts in Unreal Engine technology. For more than a decade, the studio has been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III, Unreal Tournament 2004, Nosgoth, and the award-winning Sports-Action hit, Rocket League.
For more information, visit www.psyonix.com.
ABOUT PANIC BUTTON
Panic Button was founded in 2007 by long-time, experienced game developers. The Austin, TX studio is driven to “Make Good Games with Good People,” and specializes in challenging work-for-hire, co-development, and original intellectual property. Recent projects include the Disney Infinity toys-to-life franchise for PS4 and the PS Vita System; Octodad: Dadliest Catch for Wii U; and multiple unannounced projects.
To learn more, visit www.panicbuttongames.com.