RISE ABOVE EXTINCTION IN UBISOFT’S FAR CRY® PRIMAL
Sydney, Australia — February 23, 2016 — Today, Ubisoft announced that Far Cry Primal, the next exciting installment of the critically acclaimed Far Cry franchise, where sabretooth tigers and woolly mammoths rule the world, is now available worldwide on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One. Far Cry Primal brings its innovative open world sandbox gameplay to a time of extreme danger and limitless adventure, featuring the fight to climb to the top of the food chain. Far Cry Primal will release on March 1 for Windows PC.
Developed by Ubisoft Montreal*, Far Cry Primal is set in the majestic land of Oros in 10,000 BC, the first frontier of man. Playing as Takkar, a seasoned hunter and the last surviving member of his hunting group, gamers will take on the savage Stone Age. In order to find, rescue and protect the scattered members of his Wenja tribe, Takkar must craft a deadly arsenal, fend off fierce predators and outsmart enemy tribes to become the apex predator.
A range of weapons are at Takkar’s disposal, including the deadly double-bow, bee bombs, and fire. In addition to these, Takkar’s special ability to tame and command wild beasts empowers gamers to tame predators they find in the open world and use them as tools and weapons. Animals like the owl or honey badger can be summoned at any moment to take down enemies, scout the area or act as a distraction during battle and hunts. With these constant companions fighting at the player’s side, the Wenja can flourish despite the fierce nature of Oros and its inhabitants.
In addition, the Far Cry Primal Collector’s edition, which will equip every player and Far Cry fan with the best premium package to survive Oros, will be available for customers in Australia.
• Far Cry Primal game.
• Exclusive Far Cry Primal Collector Box with sabretooth skull opening.
• Official Wenja phrasebook: your guide in Oros, full of useful words and in-game sentences. It is a condensed collection of the work of specialists/experts that have adapted a unique language for this game, based on the Proto-Indo European language.
• Exclusive Steelbook™.
• Far Cry Primal map of Oros.
• The official game soundtrack and Wenja audio recordings to discover the basics of Far Cry Primal’s official language.
Digital Content: all digital content available, a complete pack of ”Legend of the Mammoth” missions, a new weapon and 4 enhancements packs.
• “Legend of the Mammoth” missions: Up to almost 45 minutes of additional gameplay where the player will have the unique opportunity to play as the largest animal in Oros, the almighty mammoth, and feel the power to stomp its enemies and defend its herd from other beasts and humans.
o Duel of beasts: A powerful rhino spirit dares to challenge your might. Battle him and his herd across treacherous cliffs to assert your dominance.
o The trapped elder: Bloodthirsty hunters have trapped your leader. Crash their camp and lead the elder to freedom.
o Hunt the hunter: The time for revenge is now. Lead your herd to crush those who threaten your survival.
• A new weapon, the Blood Shasti Club: a bloodstained cudgel of bone and teeth wielded by Ull, the vicious leader of the Udam.
• 4 enhancement packs that offer early access to rare resources and unique customisation options.
For more information about Far Cry Primal, please visit farcrygame.com.
For the latest on all of Ubisoft’s games, please visit ubiblog.com.
*Far Cry Primal is developed by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Ubisoft Toronto, Shanghai and Kiev Studios.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2014–15 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,464 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2016 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Far Cry, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Based on Crytek’s original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli. Powered by Crytek’s technology “CryEngine.” All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.