Gear up for new FINAL FANTASY XIV content with Patch 3.2 – The Gears Of Change
LONDON (23rd February 2016) – Square Enix Ltd., today releases Patch 3.2 – The Gears of Change, its latest content update for FINAL FANTASY® XIV which adds a host of new story quests, dungeons, new primal battles and much more.
The update also introduces content designed to help new players quickly acquaint themselves with online game play. At the Hall of the Novice, players can embark on specialised tutorial quests that help them to understand the techniques of playing in online groups. The hall also houses several NPCs that are designed to introduce new online gamers to MMO terms. The new mentor system also provides a more tailored approach to assist newcomers by pairing them with experienced players in dungeons and trials to foster a learning environment.
Other exciting content to be implemented in Patch 3.2 – The Gears of Change includes:
- Main Scenario Quests: The climax of the Dragonsong War draws closer, and adventurers find themselves in the midst of a storm of change
- Two high-level dungeons: Level 60 players can challenge The Antitower, a place of mystery abandoned by the Sharlayans now overrun by magical guardians, and The Lost City of Amdapor (Hard), where evil continues to lurk following the defeat of Diabolos
- Containment Bay S1T7: This new primal battle pits adventurers against Sephirot, the Fiend, the first of the Warring Triad who has been awoken from his vengeful dreams
- Alexander: Midas: The Illuminati are once again gearing up for war in an attempt to conquer the realm. Return to the iron fortress with your allies to take part in the brand-new raid
- Further Hildibrand Adventures: New side story quests lead the player to join Nashu at the Holy See of Ishgard on her search for the brave inspector
- Learn more about the trials and tribulations of the Nonmind, exiles from the Gnath colony, who aim to separate themselves from the Onemind
- Stone, Sky, Sea: A new training ground to test players’ might against an assortment of striking dummies tailored to the strength of legendary foes
- The Feast: A new PvP arena to be implemented two weeks after patch 3.2, where the goal is to obtain opponent medals. Individual rating and ranks will be assigned to players and the highest-ranked participants will be awarded a special prize
- New crafting recipes, hairstyles and more
To watch the official Patch 3.2 – The Gears of Change trailer, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTDwHFPYIFc&feature=youtu.be
FINAL FANTASY XIV: HEAVENSWARD is available now on the PlayStation®3 system, PlayStation®4 system and on Windows PC. For newcomers, an all-in-one bundle including both the award-winning FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward is also available now. A free 30-day trial is included for new accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at £7.69 / 10.99 €. Those who have not yet had the chance to try FINAL FANTASY XIV Online can do so by downloading the 14 day free trial for PC here; http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com/en/ or, for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 directly from the PlayStation Network.
Promo site: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/3_2_The_Gears_Of_Change
The Lodestone: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/
Official Website: www.finalfantasyxiv.com
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV
Official Twitter: @FF_XIV_EN
Media Kit 1: http://square-enix-press.com/download/28352/71afd3a0ec910a7b9453937dff2d89d3c7776010
Media Kit 2: http://square-enix-press.com/download/32712/63fc769fa950329182fc558702b65c0ac3aeb1ac
Media Kit 3: http://square-enix-press.com/download/34602/a973731855fc7a19698652fef4c1a303c298ee10
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd., a part of the Square Enix Europe business unit, develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix Group. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as IO Interactive™, Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix Group boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 110 million units worldwide, DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 66 million units worldwide and TOMB RAIDER® which has sold over 45 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found at http://www.square-enix.com/eu/en/ .
FINAL FANTASY XIV © 2010 – 2016 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
HEAVENSWARD and A REALM REBORN are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. FINAL FANTASY, FINAL FANTASY XIV, FFXIV, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.