DUNGEON DEFENDERS II LAUNCHES “THE HARBINGER AWAKENS” UPDATE
Trendy Entertainment’s Action Tower Defense Game Adds New Maps and Holiday Goodies
Dungeon Defenders II Players Can Unlock New Legendary Galactic Weapons by Joining the Game’s Official Steam Group
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Dec. 15, 2015 – Rise and shine! Trendy Entertainment has released “The Harbinger Awakens,” the latest major content update for the action tower defense game Dungeon Defenders II. Here are the highlights:
- Three new and returning maps, as well as a thrilling boss battle aboard an airship against an old foe lurking in the shadows since the original Dungeon Defenders.
- Winter has come to the magical realm of Etheria, bringing with it snowy maps and special winter lockbox drops containing time-limited accessories like Santa hats, reindeer horns, chances at standard and holiday-themed costumes, and more.
- The path to level 50 is now significantly faster, and with the endgame content level requirement reduced to 40, players can hit endgame content even sooner.
- Loot drops have been reduced, but items now drop at higher qualities and specifically for the heroes players are using, with stats and passives targeted to particular builds.
- Shops now generate items directly relevant to a players’ active hero.
In addition, “The Harbinger Awakens” introduces new legendary galactic weapons, including the Squire’s Crystalline Saber, Monk’s Crystalline Twin-Blade, Huntress’ Bow-Blaster and Apprentice’s Blaster-Caster. These items will be unlocked in tiers as permanent drops in-game as more players join the official Dungeon Defenders II Steam group at http://steamcommunity.com/games/236110.
Dungeon Defenders II is a third-person action-strategy game with classic role-playing elements like loot, leveling, pets and more. It advances the original Dungeon Defenders experience with new combat and progression features, supporting single-player and four-person online cooperative multiplayer modes. Build the ultimate champions, defenses and tactics to overcome the invading waves of the Old Ones’ evil armies.
Dungeon Defenders II is a free-to-play game currently in open alpha on PC through Steam Early Access. In the future, Dungeon Defenders II will officially launch on PC, Mac, Linux and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system as a free-to-play title supported by ethical in-game purchases. For more information, please visit www.DungeonDefenders.com, and follow along at www.facebook.com/DungeonDefenders and www.twitter.com/TrendyEnt.
About Trendy Entertainment
Trendy Entertainment is an independent video game development studio based in Gainesville, Fla. Created by veterans of the video game industry, Trendy Entertainment is focused on developing fun and innovative video games across multiple platforms. The company believes digital distribution deserves the same AAA-quality releases as retail.