Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut Brings The Godfather Of Post-Apocalyptic RPG To The New Generation
Remastered and enhanced versions for Xbox One and PS4 in stores now!
Deep Silver and inXile today announced that Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut is available in retail store across Australia and New Zealand. With overhauled graphics, expanded voice-overs, gameplay enhancements & tweaks as well as some brand-new features, this is the definitive edition of Wasteland 2.
Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut takes last year’s critically acclaimed PC release and offers a complete visual overhaul; including a more sophisticated lighting system, upgraded environments and improved textures as well as brand new, higher quality character models. On the audio side all major speaking parts and NPCs have also received new voice-overs and weapon sounds have been revisited in order to provide more variety and punch. This comes along with new features and gameplay advances such as improvements to combat encounters, additional passes to balancing, enhanced cutscenes plus all-new “Precision Strike” and “Perk & Traits” systems. In addition, the game’s UI and control scheme have been completely reworked and optimized for consoles.
- The Director’s Cut: Overhauled graphics with fully redone character and level art, voice-over expanded with tens of thousands of lines, and new features make this the definitive version of Wasteland 2.
- Turn-Based Tactical Combat: Tackle explosive and deadly squad-based combat encounters against the wasteland’s raiders, mutants, robots and more that will test the limits of your planning and tactics.
- Your Squad Your Way: Don’t feel like finding the key for a door? Pick the lock, bash it down with your boot, or just blow it open with a rocket launcher!
- A Huge Reactive Story: With hundreds of choices and consequences at your disposal, with both short and long term reactivity to the players choices and 80-100 hours of gameplay, no two players will have the same experience.
- Huge & Customizable: Dozens of hours of game. Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on your Rangers’ appearance. Over 150 weapons. Dozens of skills!
- Enhanced Classic RPG Game Play: Classic RPG game play ideas updated with modern design philosophies.
View the launch trailer on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjD_hWivesM
Please respond to this email if you would like a review copy of Wasteland 2
About Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 is the direct sequel to 1988’s Wasteland, the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG and the inspiration behind the Fallout series. Until Wasteland, no other CRPG had ever allowed players to control and command individual party members for tactical purposes or given them the chance to make moral choices that would directly affect the world around them. Wasteland was a pioneer in multi-path problem solving, dripping in choice and consequence and eschewing the typical one-key-per-lock puzzle solving methods of its peers, in favor of putting the power into players’ hands to advance based on their own particular play style.
The Wasteland series’ impressive and innovative lineage has been preserved at its very core, but modernized for the fans of today with Wasteland 2. Immerse yourself in turn-based tactical combat that will test the very limits of your strategy skills as you fight to survive a desolate world where brute strength alone isn’t enough to save you. Deck out your Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone and get ready for maximum destruction with the RPG-style character advancement and customization that made the first Wasteland so brutal. Save an ally from certain death or let them perish – the choice is yours, but so are the consequences.
The Wasteland’s hellish landscape has been waiting for you to make your mark… or die trying.
© Deep Silver, a division of Koch Media GmbH, Austria