TEST YOUR SKILLS IN THE NEW ‘SURVIVAL MODE’ IN UPCOMING CHARACTER-FOCUSED EPIC SAMURAI WARRIORS 4-II
Videos and Images Detailing New Mode and Additional Playable Characters Announced
BURLINGAME, Calif. – August 13th, 2015 – KOEI TECMO America today revealed new information and assets for the upcoming tactical action title Samurai Warriors 4-II, slated to release on September 29, 2015 for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and digitally on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, and on PC via Steam®.
Samurai Warriors 4-II introduces a brand new and exciting mode designed to test players’ skills and resilience. In this Survival Mode, players push themselves to the limit by taking control of their favorite character and entering a daunting castle with endless levels and countless rewards! Defeating thousands of enemies and completing objectives are rewarded with weapons and mounts to be used in the game’s story mode, but only if the player escapes the castle before the health or time bars deplete. The higher the climb, the more difficult and numerous the enemies are, and the more lucrative the rewards.
In addition, the Endless Castle offers a Challenge Mode, which allows players to set high scores in various Chambers:
- The Chamber of Trials is all about defeating as many enemies as possible within a given time frame.
- The Chamber of Riches focuses on collecting as much gold as possible before time runs out.
- The Chamber of Agility tests the player’s skill as it requires defeating enemy standard bearers and reaching a target destination in time.
- The Chamber of Death poses an extreme challenge as enemies deal overpowering blows that could kill low level playable characters instantly!
Furthermore, KOEI TECMO released today the identities of four more Samurai whose personal stories will unfold in Samurai Warriors 4-II:
- Toyohisa Shimazu – a young lord eager to match his elders’ skill.
- Kojūrō Katakura – his story of loyalty to his master, Masamune Date, is a magnificent tale of devotion.
- Kagekatsu Uesugi – a laconic man whose battle prowess will inspire his entire clan.
- Takakage Kobayakawa – a man of great mercy and compassion who always looked to end battles with the least casualties possible.
To celebrate this announcement, KOEI TECMO has unveiled new screenshots of the Samurai in Samurai Warriors 4-II as well as four gameplay videos that briefly showcase the various offerings of both Survival Mode and Challenge Mode.
About Samurai Warriors 4-II
Samurai Warriors 4-II is a hero-focused saga. Unlike the previous Samurai Warriors games that focused on delivering their narrative by exploring the various regions of feudal Japan, this title casts a spotlight on the characters themselves and tells their stories through 13 exciting new chapters. These chapters revolve around nine characters introduced in Samurai Warriors 4, three fan-favorites from previous titles, and a brand new addition to the samurai roster.
For more Samurai Warriors 4-II news, please visit www.koeitecmoamerica.com/sw4-2, Like KOEI TECMO America on Facebook at www.facebook.com/koeitecmous, and follow KOEI TECMO America on Twitter at @KoeiTecmoUS.
About KOEI TECMO AMERICA CORP:
KOEI TECMO AMERICA CORP. is a publisher of interactive entertainment software for current generation consoles, handhelds and digital download content based in Burlingame, California. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of KOEI TECMO HOLDINGS CO., LTD., headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. KOEI is best known for its Dynasty Warriors® and Samurai Warriors® franchises. TECMO is best known for the Dead or Alive®, Ninja Gaiden®, Tecmo Bowl®, and Fatal Frame® series.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.