ICEBERG INTERACTIVE’S THE GOOD LIFE EDGES CLOSER TO STEAM GREEN LIGHT WITH NEW FEATURES
Vote for a Better Daily Climate in Your Life!
Haarlem, The Netherlands – February 20, 2014 – Video game publisher Iceberg Interactive invites players to leave the short, dark winter days behind and live The Good Life, the sandbox sailing/time management sim for PC and Mac, currently up-and-coming on Steam’s Greenlight program.
For gamers who want to live the life they have always dreamed of, vote for The Good Life today on Steam Greenlight, and feel free to make suggestions and join the discussion!
New additions include:
- Faster rides among the 52 available ports that speed up the action.
- New Fishing gameplay: 15 different fish to catch for extra money.
- Player’s stats and progress charts are now available: additions include percentage of game completed, percentage of area coverered, days on-board, items photographed, people rescued, earnings from houses and boats, and others.
- Multiple saves, up to 10 available slots.
- New speedboat type: the fastest boat to-date, Aventor.
- Improved underwater visual experience.
- More action in pirate attacks: speedboat cannons are now firing and players can see their trajectories.
- Improved characters: better graphics and more lifelike animations.
- New sealife, colorful fishes anf fiery sharks.
Developed by indie Greek studio immersionFX, The Good Life is an intriguing sandbox game combining a number of gameplay styles: part life-sim, part time-management, part tycoon, but ultimately a free-roaming sandbox game filled with unique gameplay elements. Although released at retail, the developer is continually evolving the title behind closed doors for its anticipated Steam debut, once Greenlit.
“The Good Life defies categorization, which is what makes it such an intriguing and unique title,” says Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder. “As the title suggests, it’s a really laid back, mellow game that will leave you pining for more sunshine and tropical surroundings in your life. We think you will be pleasantly surprised!”
Like so many, Derek Hales is fed up and is dreaming about ditching the nine-to-five lifestyle. When he learns that his late uncle made him the sole heir of Carpe Diem Boats, a boating company on the tropical complex of the Jo Jo islands, he does not hesitate for a second. A new life awaits! After a long voyage, he and his striking girlfriend Michelle Joyce finally arrive at their destination, enjoying the beautiful sunrise, with a Boating Company of their own, set to enjoy the good life!
The Good Life Features Include:
- Freely traverse the tropical seas, fish for pleasure or reward, seek treasures in the deep, rescue tourists from drowning, take photos for money, transport tourists, avoid whirlwinds and pirate attacks and become rich and famous!
- Become an adept skipper and progress across seven different ship types.
- With an array of luxury vessels at players’ disposal, they can take on various missions across ultra-realistic tropical waters on their way to making a fortune.
- Gamers will experience vast, beautiful tropical locations, with more than 50 harbors and dozens of diverse places to explore.
- Realistic weather conditions and 24-hour day/night cycle.
- Players can use earnings to build their commercial empire, buy and sell properties in this tropical paradise, progress from sun beds, beach houses and bungalows, to restaurants, villas and even hotels.
- Players vie against nine other NPC skippers who compete for business, becoming the best skipper, earning more money and become the ultimate tycoon of the JoJo Islands!
- Once Greenlit: Steam exclusive-ships and features, Steam Achievements, Big Picture and Multiple language support
# # #
ABOUT IMMERSION FX
immersionFX Games is an independent video game developer with new ideas and a fresh perspective with emphasis in creating innovative game play experiences which you can’t get anywhere else. The company’s flagship product is Days of Sail: Wind over Waters back in 2007, a sailing simulation game that was a successful online and retail seller in all European territories. Coming 2008, the release of CrimeCity was an attempt to enter the casual games arena with a 3D game. With a constant commitment to quality, the company’s strategy is to grow in the industry by making innovative, close-to-reality games for all platforms and for all audiences. Read more about the company and its games at http://www.immersionfx.com.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal – with more promising games in the pipeline.
Play it cool!