SANCTUM 2 FOURTH EXPANSION DLC UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE
“The Last Stand” Brings New Badass Enemies, Wicked Weaponry and Much More to Final DLC Pack
Skövde, Sweden – December 12, 2013 – The last battle wave is here. Sanctum 2: The Last Stand, the fourth and final expansion DLC pack for the innovative tower-defense and first person shooter crossover, is now available today on Steam for PC. This update delivers a magnificent conclusion to Sanctum 2 as indie development team Coffee Stain Studios has saved the coolest new weapons, titanic tower defense machines, and the most sinister enemies for this intense and frenetic DLC expansion.
Sanctum 2: The Last Stand DLC expansion pack is now available for PC via Steam for $3.99. Fans should take advantage of the Sanctum 2 Season Pass for $11.99 to enjoy all four DLC updates.
“Without a doubt, we pretty much went balls crazy with this final expansion update,” said Anton Westberg, CEO of Coffee Stain Studios. “While we concentrated on telling the compelling Sanctum 2 backstory with the first DLC packs, we are going out in a blaze of explosive glory with The Last Stand. And I think we really went out with a tremendous bang for our final update.”
New badass weapons are needed to battle against even badder ass enemies in ‘The Last Stand’
‘The Last Stand’ Key Features:
- Menacing Monstrosities – Gamers will be tested to their limits with two dangerous enemies. Spore Pods fly slowly but in large numbers, diving with explosive suicide destruction. The agile Spore Keeper is the perfect killing machine, firing homing projectiles when jumping and delivering a stunning shockwave attack upon landing.
- Armed and Ready – Two new weapons of massive destruction: the Smatterband launches sticky explosives that detonate with rapid “mini-explosions” directly on the target and the Plasma Rifle delivers precise laser attacks with a devastating secondary fire option.
- The Power of Towers – Take advantage of the two coolest tower defense machines in The Last Stand. The Anti-Air Tower launches powerful long range homing rockets and the Orbital Strike Relay calls forth a tremendously powerful laser beam from the skies to strike down upon enemies.
- Perk It Up – Customize each guardian with eight rad new perks.
Spray N’ Pray – Increases spread damage and range by 40%
Biological Warfare – Killing enemies with a weakspot hit leaves a damaging poison cloud
Overkill – Killing an enemy with a weakspot hit adds overkill damage to your next weakspot hit
Warming Up – Not hitting an enemy in the weakspot adds 10% to weakspot damage multiplier that can stack up to 10 times.
Hydra Blood – Health regeneration and speed of health regeneration is doubled
Steady Aim – Standing still increases damage by 5% per second for a maximum boost of 50%
Upper Class – The higher players are above the enemy increases weapon damage by 50%
Roboticist – Killing an enemy spawns a SiMo robot unit to assist players (maximum 1 SiMo unit at a time per player)
- Four Additional Maps – Jump into the fray with new battleground layouts including a map inspired by the original Sanctum and Super Sanctum TD. To help face the new enemies in The Last Stand, gamers can take advantage of The Rolfinator Defensive Turret, a huge manually controlled tower. Found in three of the four new maps, players can actually jump inside the turret and obliterate enemies from afar.
Sanctum 2 is now available worldwide for $14.99 on PC, Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation®Network. For the latest news and updates on Sanctum 2, visit www.coffeestainstudios.com, ‘Like’ the game on Facebook and follow the development team @Coffee_Stain.
# # #
ABOUT COFFEE STAIN STUDIOS
Coffee Stain Studios is a game development studio based in Skövde, Sweden. The company was founded in 2010 and focuses on quality game productions for multiple platforms. Their first game Sanctum was part of the “Make Something Unreal” competition and helped them sign a five year licensing agreement with Epic Games. Sanctum ended up selling over 600,000 copies on Steam, which helped Coffee Stain Studios self-finance the development of Sanctum 2.
ABOUT REVERB PUBLISHING
Launched in 2010, Reverb Publishing offers digital publishing to independent game developers, combining production and business development support paired with the proven public relations and marketing agency expertise from its parent company, Reverb Communications. Reverb’s unique model is form fitted for studios, ensuring they receive the majority of the game’s revenue and maintain ownership of their titles while Reverb handles non-developmental tasks including production support, navigating QA, and preparing for product submission.
For more information about Reverb Publishing, please visit www.reverbpublishing.com.