New Star Soccer Available Now for Free on Android !
Its a Whole New Ball Game For Android Owners
Liverpool, UK – 11TH NOVEMBER 2013 – After huge success and critical acclaim, the chart-topping soccer-star simulator, New Star Soccer, is finally available for free on Android devices. Following a wealth of feedback from fans all around the world, creator and founder of New Star Games, Simon Read and publisher Thumbstar Games, is making New Star Soccer free to play, as well as bringing a gargantuan amount of new features to the BAFTA award-winning game.
On the pitch, focused play allows for a more strategic approach to matches, be it aggressive attacking, defending, or a more balanced play-style, while the introduction of headers change up the game and create new challenges for seasoned New Star Soccer fans. New boots bring with them swerve control, allowing skilled players to manipulate the ball in real time, bending it like only Beckham ever could! Additional commentary and all new post-match headlines are also included to up the authenticity.
Off the pitch there are all new lifestyle items for purchase, an updated league structure for the new season, and an overhauled interface including new artwork and pre-match location maps for all stadiums. The career structure has been remodelled, adding up to 3 save slots. Players who already own the premium version of the game will be able to continue their career with a Pro License and newcomers can play totally free until they decide to turn pro. New Star Soccer is bigger and better than ever before!
New game content / changes:
- New boots! New Swerve feature added to premium boots.
- New Energy Drink! (NRG Bolt – increases energy plus 3 relationships and 3 skills.)
- Choose differently focussed play during matches – attacking, defensive or balanced.
- Defenders now close you down whilst you aim your shot.
- Replenish your energy during a game.
- New lifestyle items to purchase.
- Three save game slots.
- Skills deteriorate over time, and the older you get, the more you have to keep on top of your skills.
- Retirement option. Choose the optimal time to retire before your skills deteriorate and you start to ruin the memory of your past achievements. Includes career score and various achievements.
- Additional commentary to add variety.
- Hire a personal trainer, recover quicker, have more energy.
- Get yourself an agent and improve your contracts!
- New newspaper headlines, incidents etc.
- All new game achievements.
- All new audio.
- New footballs each with their own attributes.
- Lots of UI tweaks and improvements, short-cuts and time-savers.
- New pre-match location screen.
- New player awards (player of the year, young player of the year etc.)
- Updated league structure information for new 2013-2014 football season.
- Male / Female select!
- New unlockable ‘hard mode’ for the seasoned veterans!
- Night time matches.
- Exisiting premium players can continue their career with the Pro License unlocked, and their progress saved.
- Twitter and Facebook integration.
- Full localisation for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian, Turkish, Portuguese, Russian *NEW, Chinese *NEW, Japanese *NEW, Korean *NEW
Released across iOS, Android and Flash in March 2012, New Star Soccer has been downloaded over 3 million times, reaching number one in the UK iPhone App Store in June 2012 and has received glowing reviews across the board:
For up to date info on New Star Soccer, follow @newstargames on Twitter.
About Thumbstar Games
Thumbstar is a mobile games service provider representing more than 150 developers and providing in excess of 3500 titles through channels into 130 markets globally, including the UK and Europe, S.E. Asia, the Americas, the Middle East and Australasia. Thumbstar originally started out in 2008 as an aggregator / publisher of mobile games for J2Me, Windows Mobile, RIM BlackBerry and Symbian. Since then Thumbstar has also moved into mobile games publishing for iOS and Android and expanded its business offering to become a digital developer, distributor and publisher of mobile entertainment lifestyle applications, wallpapers and themes.
About New Star Games
New Star Games, founded and led by Simon Read is an independent games publisher & developer based in Buckingham, England. Fueled by the extraordinary success of New Star Soccer, which went on to win a BAFTA in 2013, this small but perfectly formed and highly focused developer is set to continue to light up the sports game genres with its now trademark mix of action, lifestyle strategy and RPG.