It seems that waves of awards is the cool new thing to do as far as pre-order bonuses are concerned. First we saw it with Activision’s Black Ops 2 and now Square Enix is offering a slew of bonuses depending on what retailer you happen to pre-order the game from. Each of the three companies below will have three waves of content that will be given to early pre-orderers of the game and the list can be seen below along with an image of each pack.
- Exclusive in-game challenge tomb: In this standalone tomb, Lara encounters new environment puzzles
- A 48 page, six-part graphic novel written by Rhianna Pratchett with cover art by Tomb Raider art director Brian Horton.
- Comic tells the story of how the voyage of the Endurance came to be
- Aviatrix Skin: an exclusive 1930s adventurer outfit for Lara Croft with bomber jacket (see below)
- Exclusive 32 page art book created by art director Brian Horton showcasing the art from Tomb Raider
- Exclusive “Hunter Skin” that grants Lara action-movie-style natural camouflage
- The Final Hours of Tomb Raider – ‘Director’s Cut’ Kindle Fire Edition: A behind-the-scenes feature documenting the highs and lows of Crystal Dynamics’ development process for the new game