In what should come as no surprise to anyone, popular franchises and characters sell consoles. This week the PlayStation Vita received a serious boost in sales thanks to the fact that Hatsune Miku Project Diva f was released exclusively on the PlayStation Vita. In fact, the game sold nearly 160,000 copies on its own while the Vita was able to top charts with 50,070 units sold.
The fact that Hatsune Miku Project Diva f sold so well isn’t too much of a surprise as the Vocaloid has quite a following in Japan, though considering the fact that the four of the five best selling games in Japan that week were brand new, it does show the power of the virtual idol.
The top 5 selling games can be seen below courtesy of 4Gamer:
- [PSV] Hatsune Miku Project Diva f (Sega, 08/30/12) – 159,592 (New)
- [3DS] Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Atlus, 08/30/12) – 69,365 (New)
- [3DS] Senran Kagura Burst: Guren no Shoujotachi (Marvelous AQL, 08/30/12) – 69,084 (New)
- [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, 07/28/12) – 56,061
- [PS3] Hyperdimension Neptunia V (Compile Heart 08/30/12) – 36,189 (New)