Following the release of Rugby League Live in 2010, Tru Blu Entertainment have announced that a sequel, Rugby League Live 2, will be heading to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 later this year. Developed by Big Ant Studios of Australia, the game will feature an abundance of well-known rugby league competitions including the following Australian competitions: NRL, Toyota Cup and the NSW & QLD Cups and the following English competitions: Super League and the Cooperative Championships. Representative and international teams will also be included.
On top of the licensed teams, the game will feature the following gameplay features:
- Dynamic Field Wear & Tear: Grass wears away in areas of action.
- Unique Mud & Sweat: Players accumulate mud on their bodies specifically where they hit the field. Players sweat based on their exertion level.
- Dynamic Tackling System: Fend and break tackle your way past multiple defenders.
- Tactical Passing: Perform defensive or attacking passes to best exploit your opponents.
- Strategic Defense: Set up to increase the likelihood of one, two or three-man tackles!
- Spectacular High Ball Catching: Soar high to catch the ball or tap it to teammates.
- Create Custom Teams and Players in the fully featured Footy Factory and share them online.
- Competitive or co-operative multiplayer matches with up to eight players (four a side) online.
- Massive 10-Year Career Mode: sign sponsors, hire top flight coaching staff, negotiate player contracts and set player training programs & intensity to build the ultimate team.
- Experience System: Earn badges and experience both online and off to rise to the top of the leaderboards.
- Double-barreled expert commentary from Andrew Voss and Phil ‘Gus’ Gould.
Rugby League Live 2 will be the third published game for Tru Blu Entertainment this year following the Vita version of Rugby Challenge, which is now available and AFL Live Game of the Year Edition, to be released on Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and PC on July 12.