Recently Japanese media site, Hachima Kikou asked it’s readers ‘What things do you hate about JRPGs?’ Their responses are both somewhat predictable but also unpredictable. The following list is not ordered and is simply a compilation of responses Hachima Kikou received, here is what the Japanese hate about JRPGs:
1. The characters are all good-looking guys and beautiful girls.
2. Movie –> Dialogue –> Movie
3. Opening chests without permission.
4. You have a bunch of characters, but only a few of them can participate in the battle.
5. The actual game contents are subordinated to the theme song, voice actress, etc.
6. About 1,200 people line up for pre-orders.
7. Hidden things you wouldn’t understand unless you read a walkthrough.
8. The protagonist always does the opposite of what I think.
9. You’re just running errands, and then before you know it you have somehow saved the world.
10. They’re called JRPGs.
What do you think? Do any of these things bother you? I know some of them give me the shits. Let us know in the comments section below what things you hate about JRPGs.