Earlier today Egosoft had released a trailer for their upcoming game set in the X universe, Albion Prelude. This title is set to bridge thw gap between the old X universe, as layed out in X3, and the new upcoming X universe in X: Rebirth.
As war falls upon the galaxy, the powerful corporations in the X-Universe all vie for power in the background of the conflict. There are powerful space highways being built, which will be predominant in X: Rebirth, that players can assist corporations in taking control over.
- A new plot throws you into the power struggle between corporations at a time of war.
- More than 30 new ships and stations
- New Stock Exchange feature allows advanced investment strategies
- Improved graphics quality setting for high end machines
- Improved UI introducing charts to visualize economic developments
- Support for head tracking
Note: X³: Albion Prelude will not be compatible with Save Games from X³: Terran Conflict.
X3: Albion Prelude will be available for direct download over Steam on the 15th of December. The title is also free for everyone who purchased the X Superbox.
Visit the Official Site for more info. Be sure to view the embedded video (below) for a taste of what’s to come.