In a crazy turn of events, given that only a few weeks ago I revisited the classic Jonah Lomu Rugby and said how it was overdue a reboot in our What we are playing this week segment, Home Entertainment Suppliers Ply Ltd have revealed that they are bringing Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge to Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita and PC. It’s in development at New Zealand-based studio Sidhe and has secured the licenses of the major European rugby union leagues Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, and RaboDirect PRO12, which should make the playing experience all the sweeter.
The game will be released in Europe as Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge, All Blacks Rugby Challenge in New Zealand, and Wallabies Rugby Challenge in Australia, with a rough Q3 2011 penciled in for the game at the moment.
The features and content of Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge include:
• Play in Single Match Mode, Competition Mode, and multi year Career Mode as well as extensive help and Tutorial Mode options available for players new to the sport
• 93 teams and 31 stadia featured including official team and competition licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Tri Nations, Bledisloe Cup, Super Rugby teams, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
• Enjoy the game with groups of friends locally, or compete in online multiplayer with support up to 4v4 via PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE®, or Steam
• Create or customise players, teams, and competitions using the extensive customisation tools to shape the game to your own preferences and keep the game fresh season after season
• Dynamic presentation delivers a true on-field rugby experience with enhanced replay angles, lifelike cut-scenes, rich sound, and real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and Justin Marshall