The WiiMote and Motion Plus worked wonders for adding precise control to many new titles last year. With the release of Wii Sports Resort last year that included the popular Fencing mini-game, I am always looking for similar fun titles that can compare to the experience. Majesco Entertainment will be releasing a new swordplay game with the simple yet fitting name of “Swords”.
In Swords, players will travel with their hero to the past, present and future, battling some of the top masters of the blade using the WiiMote with Motion Plus.
Here is a bit of information Majesco has released regarding the features to be included:
- The Wii Remote, with Wii Motion Plus, is your ultimate weapon! Experience the realism of 1:1 sword movement, real time blocking, and advanced combos!
- Earn new swords with every victory, each with its own unique abilities.
- Travel through time and space, compete in challenging tournaments, and face-off against the masters of each style in brutal boss battles.
- Challenge a friend or play together in a variety of training drills.
- Increase your skills and learn new combos in training challenges, like carving, sparring, blocking, and even battling a horde of zombies!
- Battle against 8 unique characters, each with a distinct look and home arena that represents their fighting styles:
- Sensei Musashi: Your sensei and adopted father. He will prepare you for the tournament.
- Rognir: This giant Viking chieftain swings a big sword and is looking to take your head off. Be alert and quick!
- Lancelot: Sir Lancelot is a brave knight of the round table. Using a broadsword and shield, his only weakness is his ritualized fighting style.
- Princess Aisha, the Generous: Aisha is a swift and dangerous foe. Catch her when she changes direction and exploit this short window of vulnerability.
- Captain Jack Rackham: A clever and nimble opponent who is also a first class scoundrel. Watch out for his cheating ways and his bag of blinding sand.
- Keiko Anamura: This flirtatious lady will lure you in with compassion before stabbing you in the back. Her temper is her greatest strength, and also her weakness…
- Razor: The last of the Jumandi hunter droids, Razor comes from the distant future. Armed with laser swords and capable of incredible acrobatic moves, Razor almost seems undefeatable…
- Mysterious final combatant: who will it be?
Swords is shaping up to be a solid experience for the Wii and I do feel that the system could use more swordplay titles in general putting the controller to full use. Each character seems to have a personality as well which is also a huge plus as with a rather generic name, this game seems to be filled with character. Swords releases on September 14th of this year. Check out the trailer below.