The PS3 has been around for four years now, and so far the only Gran Turismo game we’ve had was Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Soon enough all your fears and anxieties will be put to rest, as now we have confirmation of three editions of the latest numbered game in the Gran Turismo series!
Check out the Press Release:
The world’s slickest driving game for PlayStation 3 to hit stores this November as a Standard Edition, a fully-loaded Collector’s Edition and a luxury, accessory-packed Signature Edition
SYDNEY, 5th August 2010 – Sony Computer Entertainment and Polyphony Digital have announced three different editions of the forthcoming Gran Turismo®5 for PlayStation®3 (PS3), offering racing fans more options than ever for immersing themselves in the drive of a lifetime. The eagerly-awaited game is scheduled to arrive this November – and here’s what to look out for on the starting grid.
More than a thousand cars, a global community of racers, the world’s most iconic racetracks and the drive of a lifetime – that’s Gran Turismo 5. Experience astounding realism, pulse-raising physics, high-speed thrills and a full tank of international motoring glamour as you race against friends at home or online against champions from around the world, and build yourself a stable of the finest cars ever to have graced the tarmac anywhere. One of the world’s best-selling driving games is back, packed with new features, new rides and new experiences that’ll take your life into the fast lane like never before.
A highly-desirable upgrade for serious racers and motoring fans, this eye-catching edition comes with plenty of added horsepower inside its high-end collector’s box. As well as the game itself, you’ll get:
- Exclusive Special Edition inlay sleeve art
- 200+ page ‘Apex’ driver’s magazine with hints on driving technique, car tuning, future technologies and more
- Five Collector’s Edition artcards featuring exclusive artwork
- In-game ‘ChromeLine’ vehicle pack: five performance-enhanced cars ready to race
- Exclusive dynamic theme to customize your PS3 XMB
Reminiscent of a no-expense-spared supercar launch, this luxury edition puts the pedal to the metal as soon as you open its contoured steel case – which is finished in Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ‘Obsidian Black’. As well as the game, the ‘Apex’ driver’s magazine and the ChromeLine car pack, you’ll get:
- An exclusive, branded Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 1:43 scale model car
- A Gran Turismo leather wallet and metal Gran Turismo key fob
- A Signature Edition coffee table book featuring the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo
- A bespoke Gran Turismo 5 USB key with a trailer showing the collaboration between Mercedes-Benz and Polyphony that brought the SLS AMG to screen
- Six additional in-game ‘Stealth’ cars including the McLaren F1 and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and a dynamic theme
- For those 18 or over and a resident of Australia, the chance to win a real-life Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG – your very own gull-winged, 6.3-litre-engined supercar – in a competition like no other! Full terms and conditions will be made available at www.gran-turismo.com
Are you ready for the drive of your life? The Gran Turismo 5 Standard Edition, Collectors Edition and Signature Edition for PS3 arrive this November: visit www.gran-turismo.com or www.au.playstation.com for more information.
Excited? You better be. Only problem with this is WHICH version are you gonna go for come November? At least you got some time to think it over!