Today, PopCap Games announced a sequel to one of their most critically acclaimed games ever, 2007’s Bookworm Adventures. In the original game, you take Lex the bookworm on a series of adventures through well known literature. You are tested on your knowledge of vocabulary while taking on a series of storybook-based enemies by spelling the longest words you can with a series of letter tiles.
This new sequel, to be had exclusively at PopCap’s website on July 30th, expands on the original by offering new books to travel through, new enemies, new power-ups and the like. Here’s a list of what you can expect when the game hits.
- 3 all-new books of ten chapters each: “Fractured Fairytales,” “The Monkey King” and “Astounding Planets”
- All-new infinite Replay mode: Pick a book, fight foes and score big points
- 6 mini-games, including all-new “Mutant Words,” “Golden Coins” and “Word Up”
- Battle more than 130 ferocious new foes while wielding over 20 terrific new treasures
- Companions: Literary figures join Lex and battle by his side
- Rainbow Tiles: New potent wild card tiles allow you to build the gigantic words of your dreams
- Arena mode: Spell quickly to defeat your toughest enemies
- Achievements: earn trophies, points and badges
Truly, PopCap knows their audience. If this game is anywhere near as good as the first, you can sign me up day one!
Bookworm Adventures 2 will retail for $19.95 July 30th exclusively on PopCap.com