We Like Big Bucks and We Cannot Lie: THQ Nordic Announces Way of the Hunter
Sydney, Australia, April 22nd, 2022 – The tension, excitement, and thrill of the hunt is finally presented through the lens of a highly experienced, ethical huntsman in Way of the Hunter. Developed by Slovakia-based Nine Rocks Games, Way of the Hunter is in development for PC, PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series S/X™.
First look at Way of the Hunter here:
Players will take on the role of a seasoned hunter who has just taken over his grandfather’s hunting cabin and the opportunity to proceed with the family tradition of selling high-quality game meat. A variety of biomes provide the player with a vast area of beautiful nature to explore. The hunter is challenged with observing animal tracks while carefully stalking and avoiding detection from the razor-sharp senses of his prey
“With Way of the Hunter, we are going to start a new franchise” said David Durčák, CEO, Nine Rocks Games. “The Way of the Hunter franchise finally gives this expansive audience of players a hunting experience as rich in story-telling as it is realistic in ballistic simulation. To create the best game possible, we’ve assembled a seasoned team of skilled professionals, who worked on games like DayZ or the Cabela’s hunting games before.”
Way of the Hunter’s large selection of authentic hunting equipment and weapons, including licensed guns and scopes, are amplified by realistic handling of firearms and bullet physics. The game features two, vast, open-world hunting territories – one in the U.S. and one in Europe – each 55 square miles (144 km²) in size and boasting its own simulated wildlife ecosystem. Co-op multiplayer mode allows players to venture out into awe-inspiring nature and share the thrill of the chase during their greatest hunting adventures.
Epic Game Store: https://thqn.net/woth-egs
Follow Way of the Hunter on social media:
About Way of the Hunter
This authentic hunting experience lets you explore and hunt in large open-world environments in the USA and Europe. Discover true-to-life animals in beautiful natural habitats and handle various detailed and highly realistic weapons. Face the challenges of ethical hunting, supported by a compelling story, or simply enjoy hunting the rich environments freely.
- Hunt like a pro with features that highlight animal signs, blood splatter analysis, and shot review with the rewindable bullet camera
- Dozens of strikingly detailed animal species with realistic behaviour models for a truly immersive hunting experience
- Enjoy your perfect hunting adventure among friends in co-op mode
- Two vast hunting territories with 55 square miles each
- Realistic ballistics and bullet physics simulation
- Sophisticated natural animal animations and reactions when sensing the players presence
- A compelling story about the struggles of a family hunting business, and the rivalry and friendships that surround it
- Complex Trophy system generates unique antlers and horns based on multiple factors like fitness and age
About THQ Nordic
The THQ Nordic official boiler plate can be found here: https://thqnordic.com/company/about
About Nine Rocks Games
Nine Rocks Games is a game development studio headquartered in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. “The team consists of veteran game developers with great experience in making successful games, including global hits like DayZ, Soldier of Fortune: Payback, Chaser, or many of the multimillion-selling Cabela’s line of hunting games, including Big Game Hunter and Dangerous Hunts.