New meta-game with base camp, side missions, a mysterious story and more added. The game is available for free on the Epic Game Store for a limited time
Hamburg, Germany, April 14th, 2022 – Insurmountable, the roguelike adventure where you bravely tackle the intimidating heights of three mighty mountains, today receives a major free update, adding a whole new meta-game with side missions, a brand-new story, a broader variety of maps and much more. To properly celebrate the new update, the game is available for free on the Epic Games Store until April 21st. The game is also available on Steam and GOG.com
This brand new trailer shows what the game is all about:
The 2.0 trailer showcases everything that’s new:
In Insurmountable, players brave three dangerous peaks looking for the ultimate mountaineering challenge. As one of three playable climbers with different backgrounds, they have to manage the terrain, weather and unpredictable events waiting for them on their adventure. Every decision counts and preparation is key.
With Update 2.0, the experience gets vastly expanded with an all-new meta-game. Players now have to not only climb the three main mountains, but also complete several side-missions. In-between missions, they return to their base-camp, proceed with the story, manage their upgrades and prepare for their next climb.
Key-Features of Update 2.0:
- A brand new story awaits players. Gone are the individual stories. Now, the three characters find themselves in a time loop, caused by the research station which is now their base. They have to free themselves and find out more about the mysteries looming in the mountain range.
- Base Camp – The base is an almost entirely abandoned research facility in the mountain range. Here, players can choose their next mission, upgrade kit and skills, and decide on which items to bring.
- Mountaineering Map – Found in the base camp, the map indicates which missions are available, which ones are completed, and which ones are not yet unlocked.
- Prepare Accordingly – Upgrades and preparing for missions include collecting knowledge in different areas such as items, characters, terrain, and the environment. How much knowledge is received depends on the mission. Knowledge is essential to level up their respective areas (items, character skill trees, team upgrades).
- Procedurally generated maps are a big part of the 2.0 update as side missions will rely heavily on this feature, allowing players to climb a wider variety of mountains.
- New Feature: tracking is a new goal that players have to find and reach in order to clear a mission.
- The new and improved tutorial will be context-based and offer new players information according to their progress.
- Balancing & In-game Skills have been completely reworked.
Insurmountable is currently available on Steam, with the 2.0 update going live on April 14th. At the same time, the game will also be available on GOG and the Epic Game Store – on the EGS for free for a short time.
About Daedalic (Publisher)
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up of high-quality titles, including classic adventures, RPGs, and strategy and multiplayer games. With over 50 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC, and mobile platforms. Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers. With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for ‘Studio of the Year’) and 12 German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is a record holder for the two most prestigious game awards in Germany. Recent publishing hits include Barotrauma, Unrailed!, Iratus: Lord of the Dead, Partisans 1941 and more.