Free Weekend Includes Full Game and All Free Post-Launch Content Released to Date
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA – March 23, 2022 – Today, Ubisoft announced that Far Cry® 6 will be available to play for free from March 25 to March 28 on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, as well as Windows PC through the Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store. Players can also subscribe to Ubisoft+ on PC.
New players can pre-load the game starting today and will have access to the full game, including all free downloadable content published to date – all playable together in co-op – when the Free Weekend starts on March 25. Players who want to continue exploring the island of Yara in Far Cry 6 will keep their game progression and enjoy discounts on the game and Season Pass:
- Ubisoft Store: From now until the end of March: 40 percent off as part of the Spring Sale.
- Xbox: As part of Xbox’s Deal of the Week, from March 25-28: 50 percent off all editions of the game, and 35 percent off the Season Pass.
- PlayStation: As part of PlayStation Store’s Deal of the Week, from March 24-30: 50 percent off the Standard and Gold Editions of Far Cry 6, and 35 percent off the Season Pass.
- Epic Games Store: As part of the Epic Spring Sale: 50 percent off all editions of the game, and 35 percent off the Season Pass. The Epic Games Store is also offering 35 percent off the Vaas: Insanity DLC, and 25 percent off the Pagan: Control DLC.
- Stadia: From March 25-31: 50 percent off the Standard, Gold and Ultimate Editions of the game, and 35 percent off of the Season Pass. From now until March 31: 40 percent off of the Deluxe Edition.
Since its worldwide launch on October 7, 2021, Far Cry 6 added new Special Operations, free Danny Trejo and Rambo crossover missions, as well as three major downloadable content episodes as part of the Season Pass: Vaas: Insanity, Pagan: Control, and Joseph: Collapse.
For more information on Far Cry 6 and its Season Pass, please visit Farcry.com.
For the latest news on all of Ubisoft’s games, please visit: news.ubisoft.com
About Far Cry® 6
Led by Ubisoft Toronto, Far Cry 6 is an open-world first-person shooter that plunges players into the heart of a modern-day guerrilla revolution. On the island of Yara, President Antón Castillo vows to restore his nation to its former glory while grooming his son Diego to follow in his footsteps. Yet, paradise comes at a cost and enriching his country means subjugating those who don’t follow his vision. Players will take up the cause to liberate Yara as Dani Rojas – a local Yaran and military drop out – tries to escape Yara but ends up joining revolutionary group, Libertad. As Dani, players will experience the adrenaline and chaos of “resolver” guerrilla combat, Far Cry style, with the most creative and innovative arsenal yet.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For Honor®, Just Dance®, Watch Dogs®, and Tom Clancy’s video game series including Ghost Recon®, Rainbow Six® and The Division®. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2020-21 fiscal year, Ubisoft generated net bookings of €2,241 million. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2022 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Far Cry, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are registered or unregistered trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Based on Crytek’s original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli.