From the creators of Legend of Mana, EGGLIA: Rebirth is out now on Nintendo Switch
Tokyo, Japan – 10 February 2022: Japanese development studio Brownies is excited to announce that it’s RPG game, EGGLIA: Rebirth, is available to download globally for Nintendo Switch from today. EGGLIA: Rebirth is available as a digital download for £16.99 / $19.99 / €17.99.
Designed by Shinichi Kameoka and Koji Tsuda, the iconic artists responsible for the popular Secret of Mana series, EGGLIA: Rebirth is the brand new Nintendo Switch version of Brownies’ popular smartphone game, EGGLIA: Legend of the Redcap, expertly optimised for Switch. EGGLIA: Rebirth provides players with updated visuals, graphics and mechanics, as well as introducing bags of new content, new unique characters and exciting additional missions.
Players will explore the land of Egglia as Chabo, a redcap who must navigate the world, hunting monsters for experience using a turn-based dice combat system and create their own unique worlds, gathering materials to build customisable homes for the host of characters they meet during the story to grow their village.
Shinichi Kameoka, President and CEO of Brownies said: “We are delighted to be able to bring the world of EGGLIA to a new audience on Nintendo Switch. We wanted to keep all the things we loved about the original game, whilst revamping the game to be an amazing experience on the Switch console. There’s something for everyone, whether you are a fan of the original smartphone version of the game or completely new to the world of Egglia, with plenty of new and additional content, whilst keeping the cosy vibe of a relaxing game with a place for players to “go home” to recharge at the end of a busy day.
“This launch holds a special place in our hearts as this year is the 10th anniversary of Brownies as a development studio, but also on a personal note this year marks my 30th year working in the games industry. We very much hope that everyone enjoys playing EGGLIA: Rebirth as much as we enjoyed making it.”
About EGGLIA: Rebirth
EGGLIA: Rebirth is a Nintendo Switch port of iOS and Android title, EGGLIA: Legend of the Redcap. An RPG title, players control a redcap named Chabo, who has fallen from the sky and landed on the continent of Egglia. Players must navigate the world, hunting monsters for experience and gathering resources using a turn-based dice combat system. Players will uncover a series of niebel eggs that can be hatched to unlock different lands of the world of Egglia to explore and gather materials to grow their village and build homes for the host of characters they meet during the story. These homes can be upgraded and furnished with numerous fun decorations allowing players to customize and decorate as desired to create their own unique worlds.
EGGLIA: Rebirth new features:
- New missions and events – More than 50 new events, explore the town, and interact with new inhabitants
- More expressions for colorful characters – More unique new characters and inhabitants have been added to the town who will help players in their adventures and town-building. Also, added facial expressions in event scenes, added cut-in effects at key points, and many other details.
- Freedom to roam the mystical world of Egglia – Players can now freely control the main character, so they can run around as much as they like within the stunning fantasy world.
- Internal adjustments and balancing – Adjusting the balance of battles, obtaining items, and changing event flags to be more suitable for console gaming.
- Updated interface – The user interface has also been redesigned to fit controller operations instead of the touch operation of smartphones.
EGGLIA: Rebirth is available to purchase as a digital download here for £16.99 / $19.99 / €17.99: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/egglia-rebirth-switch/
About Brownies Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Tokyo’s creative Kichijoji neighborhood, Brownies Inc. creates software, merchandise and graphic designs that stay true to the values of Japanese craftsmanship. President and CEO Shinichi Kameoka leads the small company, which has created such games as Seventh Rebirth, Shooting Hero, Fantasy Life Link! and EGGLIA: Legend of the Redcap.