Choose a friend in this side-scrolling Shoot ‘em Up and save the Earth from an alien invasion!
Wiesbaden, Germany – 1st October, 2021. Prepare your battlestations; alien annihilation is on the horizon! Publisher Assemble Entertainment, in coordination with Chinese partner WhisperGames, Brazilian film company Fehorama Filmes, and developer Loomiarts, today announced the launch of a free prologue of Squadron 51 on Steam. Now featuring English voiceovers, a local co-op mode, and never-before-seen levels, bosses, and gadgets for your spaceship to defend Earth from a merciless alien invasion.
The global release of Squadron 51 is planned for 2022 on Windows PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. The unique 2D Shoot ‘em Up was announced as part of a strategic partnership between Assemble Entertainment and WhisperGames. Squadron 51 is also featured in this year’s Tokyo Game Show 2021, which runs from today until Sunday, 3rd October.
Warning! Extraterrestrials from outer space have arrived on our planet, bringing promises of a bright new future for the earthlings. However, this otherworldly partnership soon reveals a darker side as the VEGA Corporation, the alien enterprise led by the hideous Director Zarog, is imposing its predatory politics on the human race. In the midst of this oppression, the rebel group Squadron 51 rises as a response against the violent acts committed by these vile beings. Will the brave pilots of Squadron 51 and their aircraft stand a chance against Zarog’s diabolic fleet of flying saucers?
Key Features Include:
- SHMUP Yeah!: Enjoy classic shoot-’em-up gameplay with four unique aircraft that can be customized with special weapons
- Cinematic Experience: Marvelous black-and-white aesthetics, live-action FMV sequences, and dubbed voices will tell the story of the battle between Squadron 51 and Director Zarog’s alien fleet
- 11 Ways to Save the World: Fight against enemy ships and bosses in 11 different environments – snowy mountains, forests, cityscapes, and more
- Rookie Pilots Supported: Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran flying ace, Squadron 51 supports dynamic difficulty that allows every pilot to enjoy the alien extermination
- Ducks Fly Together!: Fighting an alien horde is more fun with a squadmate! A second player can enter a level at any time — earn points with a co-op player and unlock together new special weapons and upgrades
To learn more about Squadron 51 and add the game to your wishlist, visit the official Steam store page here. Squadron 51 will launch on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam in 2022. For more on the game and the development team, visit the official site at http://loomiarts.com.
About Assemble Entertainment
Based in Wiesbaden, Germany, Assemble Entertainment is an independent games developer and publisher, best known for Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry, the latest installment in the humorously naughty point-and-click adventure saga, and the multi-award-winning Endzone – A World Apart, that challenges players to survive and thrive following an environmental apocalypse. Assemble Entertainment also organizes GermanDevDays, an annual conference that attracts more than 1,100 attendees from across the German-speaking video game development industry.
Founded in 2015, WhisperGames is a global video game publisher based in Xiamen, China. They provide multi-language text and audio localization services (including in-house voice-over recording), PR, marketing, community support, maintenance, legal services, and more. WhisperGames have developed strong partnerships in over 20 countries and has provided customized publishing and localization solutions for over 100 video games. Learn more about WhisperGames at www.whisperinteractive.com.