Raw Fury’s Backbone Available Now on PC & Xbox Game Pass for PC
Explore post-noir dystopian Vancouver as raccoon detective Howard Lotor
STOCKHOLM — June 8, 2021 — It’s time to hit the streets of Vancouver. But even the most hardened raccoon detective couldn’t prepare for what you’ll find in its darkest reaches. Developer EggNut and publisher Raw Fury have launched the post-noir roleplaying detective adventure Backbone on Windows PC via the Microsoft Store, Steam, GOG.com, and the Epic Games Store. The game is also free to download with Xbox Game Pass for PC.
Backbone puts you in the shoes of raccoon private investigator Howard Lotor in a dystopian Vancouver, British Columbia, beautifully rendered in high-resolution pixel art. After years of small-time cases, lonely evenings, and just barely scraping by, Howard is swept up in a job quite unlike any other. But what starts as a menial case slowly unravels into something much darker, pitting Howard against the oppressive, systemic power hierarchies of the city itself.
- Become a raccoon as you explore the seedy underbelly of an alternate Vancouver inhabited by anthropomorphic animals.
- Make meaningful connections with a diverse cast of characters in pursuit of the truth in an increasingly tangled mystery.
- A modern dystopic tale of a cold and existentialist world, bleak and dreary, but not entirely without hope.
- High-resolution 2.5D pixel art creates a breathtaking landscape to explore alongside 3D effects like dynamic lighting, pouring rain, volumetric fog and neon lights.
- Original doom jazz soundtrack adds to the cinematic ambience, telling a story with every sound.
Backbone will also launch on consoles later this year. For more information, head to https://eggnut.net.
EggNut is a game studio established in 2017 with a simple goal – make art, make rent, and help others do the same. We’re a fully remote, diverse team of passionate creators based across Canada, Russia, the U.S., and the Netherlands. Our mission is to explore the complexity of the human condition through the joy of interactive experiences. For more information, head to https://eggnut.net.
About Raw Fury
Raw Fury is a boutique indie (un)publisher founded in 2015 by Jonas Antonsson, Gordon Van Dyke, and David Martinez. We don’t care about genres or mechanics. We care about experiences and emotions. We want to help developers make magic.