This is great news for Xbox Series X|S owners, physical game collectors, and Microsoft Store users. The Riftbreaker – a base-building survival game with action RPG elements – will be available for download on Xbox Game Pass this fall. If you prefer to put a physical game box on your shelf, you can place your pre-order for a game copy today. And don’t forget to try out the free demo that has just been released on the Microsoft Store.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – May 21st, Szczecin, Poland.
Exor Studios isn’t slowing down their delivery of fantastic news about their upcoming game, The Riftbreaker. After just recently announcing the fall launch date for PC and consoles and their co-operation with Maximum Games, the developers are back with a bunch of news that both console and PC gamers should find appealing.
The digital version of The Riftbreaker will be available on PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Game Pass this fall. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be released at a later date. Thanks to Maximum Games, gamers will also be able to find the console version on store shelves. The best part is that gamers don’t have to wait until launch to purchase this game – they can place their pre-order today with the following link (https://store.maximumgames.com/products/the-riftbreaker), where the game is available for $29.99.
Hardcore Microsoft Store fans who haven’t tried out the free prologue of the game yet on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1293860/The_Riftbreaker_Prologue/) or added the game to their wish list (https://store.steampowered.com/app/780310/The_Riftbreaker/) can try out the free demo (https://www.microsoft.com/store/productid/9nsl8j40k588) at their favorite store today.
ABOUT THE RIFTBREAKER™
As Captain Ashley S. Nowak, “the Riftbreaker,” you enter a one-way portal to Galatea 37, a distant planet at the far reaches of the Milky Way. Your purpose is to build and develop a base that will allow travel to and from Earth for further colonization. Ashley’s Mecha-Suit, which she calls “Mr. Riggs,” can withstand the harshest environmental conditions and has a full range of equipment for base construction, resource extraction, specimen gathering, and of course – combat. It is also capable of traveling through rifts that connect space across vast distances.
THE RIFTBREAKER™ – MAIN FEATURES
- BASE BUILDING – Your task is to construct a two-way rift connected to Earth. This will be a very complex undertaking requiring enormous amounts of energy. Simple solar collectors and a few tons of steel will not be enough. You will need to build up an intricate chain of mines, refineries, power plants, and research facilities to complete this mission.
- EXPLORATION – Galatea 37 is an unknown planet in the Sycorax belt of the Milky Way galaxy. Remote surveys have detected that it is inhabitable and perfect for colonization. The planet is full of rare minerals and substances that can be found scattered across the globe. Various biomes will surprise you with unknown fauna and flora, along with harsh weather conditions. Construct local outposts in resource-rich areas to transport the required material using rift technology.
- DEFENSE – Your presence on this planet will not go unnoticed! As you build up your industry and disrupt the natural order, the planet will start to see you as a threat. Build up your defenses – construct walls, barriers, and defense towers as the attacks get stronger with every passing day. You will face thousands of hostile creatures trying to eliminate your presence.
- HACK, SLASH, SHOOT – Mr. Riggs can be equipped with powerful weapons and abilities that will allow you to take on the largest of beasts. You will need to be ready to face lots of hostile alien creatures as you explore the planet.
- GATHER SAMPLES AND STRANGE ARTIFACTS – Fallen beasts will drop valuable research specimens as well as rare resources. Use everything you can gather to research and craft new technologies, buildings, weapons, and equipment. You can also scout the terrain using your sensors and dig for treasure buried underground.
- RESEARCH – Use your gathered samples to research new technologies that will help you build up your base, improve your defenses, develop new blueprints for your Mecha-Suit, or improve existing technologies.
- CRAFT – Mr. Riggs is fully customizable and upgradable. Use the blueprints that you’ve researched to craft new parts and weapons. Utilizing better materials in the crafting process will result in gear with improved properties. Each crafted item has unique properties.
- INTERACTIVE STREAMING – The Riftbreaker™ has built-in integration with all the most popular streaming services. The stream’s audience can actively participate in the game through multiple options, such as voting to send waves of new enemies, donating resources, or spawning environmental disasters like a tornado.
- THE SCHMETTERLING ENGINE – This game is built using the latest iteration of EXOR Studios’ in-house developed Schmetterling 2.0 engine, which was previously used to create X-Morph: Defense and Zombie Driver™. We pride ourselves in delivering fluid gameplay and fully utilizing the capacity of your hardware: uncapped frame rates, support for widescreen monitors, customizable controls, and more.
- COMMUNITY-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT – If you’ve already read everything up to this point, then you might be interested in helping us shape the game. Please get in touch with us via our official Discord server or any other of our social media channels. We’ll be sharing insider information about the progress of the game’s development. We’d also love to get your feedback. Please come and help us make The Riftbreaker™ the game YOU want to play!
The Riftbreaker™ is currently under development and has an estimated release date – fall 2021. The game is coming to PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be released at a later date.
More information about The Riftbreaker™ can be found on Steam, Epic Games Store, Windows Store, the official website, Facebook, and Twitter. You can also join the official Discord channel to chat with the devs about the progress of development.
About Exor Studios
EXOR Studios is an independent game studio located in Szczecin, Poland. A team of passionate veterans, EXOR Studios focuses on delivering high-quality titles for core gaming platforms – PC and consoles. EXOR Studios was officially founded in 2007, though the company’s roots as a modding group can be traced back to as early as 2003. The studio’s first major project was D.I.P.R.I.P., a total conversion mod for Valve Software’s Source Engine. The experience and know-how gained from this project have allowed the team to produce the games they really love and want to make. The first standalone game from EXOR was Zombie Driver™, which has sold over 800,000 copies across multiple gaming platforms. The studio’s latest game, X-Morph: Defense™, released on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch, was acclaimed by game critics and players alike. https://www.exorstudios.com
About Maximum Games
Maximum Games ranks as one of the top 20 global video game publishers of interactive digital entertainment spanning all genres and supporting multiple platforms. The company’s mission is to provide a provenly strong hands-on approach to publishing, marketing, and distribution. Established in 2009, the company is led by female entrepreneur Christina Seelye – a seasoned executive of digital consumer products and channel marketing. Under Seelye’s leadership, the company has been recognized with numerous awards such as “Fastest Growing Tech Company” by American Business Awards and has made the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies for five consecutive years. Maximum Games has offices in both the US and the UK and continues to expand its scope of global publishing and distribution via direct reach and strategic partnerships. For more information on Maximum Games, visit the company’s website at http://www.maximumgames.com.