Face unspeakable horrors as you unlock the secrets of one of the most mysterious locations in the world
Rome, Italy 26th May, 2021. Publisher Leonardo Interactive and developer Invader Studios are thrilled to announce that Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle, the prequel to the critically acclaimed survival horror game Daymare:1998, will be coming to PC and consoles in 2022. It’s time to discover the truth about the terrifying events of Keen Sight, the small town tucked away in the endless woods of Idaho and location of Daymare: 1998. But in order to uncover these dark secrets, you must go back to where it all began. Back to 1994.
Check out the brand new teaser trailer for Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle below
Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle is a third-person story-driven survival horror game prequel to the critically acclaimed Daymare: 1998. Step into the shoes of special agent Dalila Reyes, a former government spy now in the service of a unit called H.A.D.E.S. (Hexacore Advanced Division for Extraction and Search), and get ready to enter the most advanced experimental research center in the United States of America. Be careful though, because in the darkness of the desolate, labyrinthine depths of the military research center there is something terrifying and lethal awaiting you!
Lock and load one of the most innovative and technologically advanced weapons of all time and prepare to face never-before-seen creatures as you make your way through a series of evocative locations and unlock the secrets they contain.
Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle is a perfect blend of fierce and deadly enemies where hardcore action game mechanics, environmental puzzles, a chilling soundtrack, plenty of exploration and massive doses of concentrated horror are waiting for you. No place is safe, especially when you’re being hunted by your nightmares.
Features of Daymare 1994: Sandcastle
- New characters and big comebacks – Take part in the top secret “Sandcastle” mission as the game’s main protagonist, Special Agent H.A.D.E.S. Dalila Reyes, and reconstruct the past of some of Daymare: 1998’s most beloved characters.
- Lethal and terrifying enemies – Fight, kill and dismember the enemies that stand between you and your mission. But beware; these enemies are frighteningly intelligent, aggressive and realistic in every detail.
- Revamped interface – The D.I.D. is back, though in a completely redesigned way. Manage your inventory, ammo and health items directly from the new, intuitive game interface.
- Eye to the Scanner – Thanks to the innovative device installed on Reyes’s arm, you can analyze portions of the environment and reveal new puzzles to solve, pick up secret documents and detect hidden items!
- Environmental puzzles – The solution is often right in front of your eyes! Search for clues and overcome the environmental obstacles to obtain resources and collectibles.
- Are you sure it’s dead? – Prepare to confront the toughest and most aggressive enemies you have ever seen. Even if you’re sure you’ve killed one, you’ll find out it can come back in a completely new form and be even deadlier than before!
- Breathtaking graphics, sound effects and soundtrack – Thanks to the power of Unreal Engine 4, you will live the most terrifying of experiences!
- Back to the 90s… again! – If you loved the nostalgia of Daymare: 1998, then Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle will feel like you’re living and playing an action horror/film from the 90s with familiar references and a frightfully authentic atmosphere with a retro flavor.
- Freeze! – There will certainly be no shortage of guns, but be prepared to equip one of the most innovative and powerful weapons ever created: the Frost Grip! WARNING: it may contain liquid nitrogen.
- Veteran or rookie – Choose the most appropriate game difficulty based on your ability in combat and your experience with survival horror games. Either way, it will be a serious challenge and not for the faint-hearted!
Daymare 1994: Sandcastle will be available for PC and consoles in early 2022 and fans can wishlist the PC version on Steam now.
About Leonardo Interactive
Leonardo Interactive is an award-winning video games publisher based in Rome, Italy and it has produced and published award-winning titles across all major platforms. Bringing games to market in both physical and digital media, the company has made notable launches to date including the award-winning Dry Drowning and the point and click adventure Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town. Leonardo Interactive is also owner of VLG publishing that is focusing on bringing into the market the best stories ever written.
About Invader Studios
Invader Studios™ (Invader Studios S.r.l.), former Invader Games, is an Italian independent software house located in the lovely town of Olevano Romano (in the Roman countryside).
The company was officially founded in July 2016, even though it has been active in the industry for more than a year.
The studio was originally set up by a group of friends and professionals who share common ideas on game development and are united by the passion for the survival horror genre (and the games of the Resident Evil series in particular).
At that time, the studio worked on “Resident Evil 2 Reborn”, an unofficial remake of Capcom’s 1998 classic – which has drawn millions views on YouTube in few weeks. The project was interrupted when the official Resident Evil 2 remake was announced in 2015, but Invader Studios received an invitation from Capcom Ltd. to visit their headquarters in Osaka, Japan, and mentioned in the game credits of the official Resident Evil 2 remake.
Invader Studios’ core team is made today of more than 10 professional figures (programmers, 2D and 3D artists, sound artists, animators, social/community managers etc.). The team also includes several external collaborators (mainly 3D and 2D artists) – working remotely from different Italian regions – and some international VIP advisors.
The team has just released its first survival horror game, “Daymare: 1998”™, available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam and GOG.com.
The company is now working on the new installment of the Daymare saga, a prequel to the first game called Daymare 1994: Sandcastle, planned to be released on PS5, Xbox X Series, PS4, Xbox One and PC Steam in 2022.