Just Dropped! Award-Winning RPG Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition Comes to iOS NOW (That’s May 18)
Nearly two years in development by a dedicated team with the goal of creating a 1:1 experience with PC and consoles
DUBLIN — May 18, 2021 — Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition, the award-winning RPG from Larian Studios, comes to iPad and iPad Pro on May 18. That’s now, actually!
Developed through almost two years in partnership with our friends at Saint Petersburg-based Elverils, we wanted to bring the game to hardware capable of handling the entire Divinity experience without compromising on quality or features. The objective is to release a truly mobile version with a gameplay experience that exceeds or mirrors consoles and PC, with no microtransactions, and all included Gift Bag DLCs under one sensible price of $24.99 or your regional equivalent.
The over 100-hour, 95 Metacritic-rated RPG has been built for Metal from the ground up, taking advantage of the newest Apple hardware to offer a premium, AAA gaming experience on the go. That means that not only does DOS2 now support touch controls, with a new UI to match, but it also supports connected-devices (e.g., gamepads, including the PlayStation®5 DualSense™), as well as mouse and keyboard.
We decided early on to target hardware that matches the ambition of the Divinity: Original Sin 2 experience, and so therefore DOS2 will run on graphics settings equivalent to ‘highest’ on iPad Pro (2018) and above. On the 2021 iPad Pro (M1), the game runs at 60fps, even in local co-op, which of course features seamless split-screen, with drop-in, drop-out co-op. A full list of supported devices is listed on the App Store.
Those who wish to venture forth with friends on other platforms can do so thanks to cross-play between PC, Mac and iPad, while cross-save will allow you to continue your adventure from your Mac at home.
Take a look at the website for further information about the game, which you can find at https://divinity.game. Since you’re heading over there, why not take a look at the History of DOS2, which now needs an update!
If you are not familiar with Divinity: Original Sin 2, it is the RPG that lets you bust out of jail by using your boney undead finger as a lockpick, talk to crabs, and have conversations with the people you may or may not have killed in the form of ghostly dialogues. It is demonstrably a pretty good time. Winner of over 160 awards and nominations including a BAFTA, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is an in-depth, open world sandbox fantasy adventure for up to four players. In addition to its iPad release, the game has launched on Windows PC in 2017, Xbox One and PlayStation®4 in 2018, and both macOS and Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- No microtransactions. One great price. An experience meant to be enjoyed, without interruption. No loot boxes, no ads, no nonsense.
- Potentially the first 1:1 AAA premium experience on a mobile device, with dynamic lighting and shadows and over 8000 shaders. This is the whole experience, as it’s meant to be played. (Equivalent to ‘highest’ graphics settings on PC).
- A story-driven adventure built for your hero. Weave your own tale and make your own choices. The world reacts, for better and for worse.
- Made to be played. Three input devices and cross-save progression means you can take the adventure wherever you go.
- Fair-weather friends? Drop-in, drop-out co-op lets you continue, even if life gets in the way.
- Seamless in-world turn-based combat with hundreds of skills and abilities: flow from combat to exploration with no loading screens.
- Battle a world full of bosses and mythical creatures in hand-crafted combat situations designed to test your wit and feel rewarding.
- Loot Rivellon! Explore, you’ll be rewarded! But be careful who catches you stealing. You might find yourself locked up.
- Split-screen co-op on a single device, with support for gamepads. Long trip ahead? We’ve got you covered.
- Game Center integration brings the bragging rights. Compare achievements, invite, and matchmake. iCloud has your back.
- For a full list of supported devices, check the store page.
About Larian Studios
Larian Studios is an independent RPG developer founded in 1996 in Ghent, Belgium. Over 200 people work between the five worldwide studios in Ghent, Saint Petersburg, Quebec, Dublin and Malaysia. Larian is best known for the Divinity universe, which they introduced to the world with Divine Divinity in 2002. In 2014, Larian launched Divinity: Original Sin, a classic CRPG that won over 150 awards and nominations. The company released its critically acclaimed sequel Divinity: Original Sin 2 on September 14, 2017, followed by the Definitive Edition in August 2018 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One to a 93 Metacritic rating. The Nintendo Switch version released in September 2019 featuring cross-save progression between Nintendo Switch and Steam. Divinity: Original Sin 2 won a BAFTA for Best Multiplayer Game. In October 2020, Larian Studios released the early access version of Baldur’s Gate 3.
© 2019 – 2021 LARIAN STUDIOS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. LARIAN STUDIOS IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF ARRAKIS NV, AFFILIATE OF LARIAN STUDIOS GAMES LTD.
Divinity Original Sin II ©2021 Larian Studios. All rights reserved. Larian Studios, Divinity and Divinity Original Sin are registered trademarks of the Larian Studios group entities.
Apple and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions ALL COMPANY NAMES, BRAND NAMES, TRADEMARKS AND LOGOS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.