The question that EXOR Studios has been hearing the most after the release of the Overwhelmingly Positive-rated The Riftbreaker: Prologue has been – “When is the game finally coming out?” Today, EXOR Studios is one step closer to answering this question, as the game is headed for a simultaneous release on PC and consoles this autumn. They are also proud to announce that the range of digital storefronts that the game will be available on has been expanded with the addition of Epic Games Store. Thanks to EXOR Studios’ partnership with Maximum Games, players around the world will also be able to own The Riftbreaker™ on a physical disc on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be released at a later date.
The latest trailer is also accompanied by a fresh pack of high-resolution screenshots. Of course, the developers haven’t forgotten about editors and content creators, and have prepared something for them, as well. A preview build under the code name “Alpha 5” is now ready and includes the dynamically generated Survival Mode unavailable in the free prologue.
A short sneak peek of what’s new in preview “Alpha 5”:
- A completely redesigned and expanded Research Tree,
- Fierce new enemies in the Survival Mode,
- Rebalanced Survival Mode game difficulty,
- New mech skills and upgrades,
- Experience lots of new tweaks and improvements to current features!
While waiting for the game’s launch you can add it to your wishlist on:
Steam – (https://store.steampowered.com/app/780310/The_Riftbreaker/),
Epic Games Store – (https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/the-riftbreaker),
GOG – (https://www.gog.com/game/the_riftbreaker),
and you can also find it and wishlist the game directly on PlayStation 5.
ABOUT THE RIFTBREAKER™:
As Captain Ashley S. Nowak, “the Riftbreaker,” you enter a one-way portal to Galatea 37, a distant planet at the far reaches of the Milky Way. Your purpose is to build and develop a base that will allow travel to and from Earth for further colonization. Ashley’s Mecha-Suit, which she calls “Mr. Riggs,” can withstand the harshest environmental conditions and has a full range of equipment for base construction, resource extraction, specimen gathering, and of course – combat. It is also capable of traveling through rifts that connect space across vast distances.
- BASE BUILDING – Your task is to construct a two-way rift connected to Earth. This will be a very complex undertaking requiring enormous amounts of energy. Simple solar collectors and a few tons of steel will not be enough. You will need to build up an intricate chain of mines, refineries, power plants, and research facilities to complete this mission.
- EXPLORATION – Galatea 37 is an unknown planet in the Sycorax belt of the Milky Way galaxy. Remote surveys have detected that it is inhabitable and perfect for colonization. The planet is full of rare minerals and substances that can be found scattered across the globe. Various biomes will surprise you with unknown fauna and flora, as well as harsh weather conditions. Construct local outposts in resource-rich locations to transport the required resources using rift technology.
- DEFENSE – Your presence on this planet will not go unnoticed! As you build up your industry and disrupt the natural order, the planet will start to see you as a threat. Build up your defenses. Construct walls, barriers, and defense towers as the attacks get stronger with every passing day. You will face thousands of hostile creatures trying to eliminate your presence.
- HACK, SLASH, SHOOT – Mr. Riggs can be equipped with powerful weapons and abilities that will allow you to take on the largest of beasts. You will need to be ready to face lots of hostile alien creatures as you explore the planet.
- GATHER SAMPLES AND STRANGE ARTIFACTS – Felled beasts will drop valuable research specimens as well as rare resources. Use everything you can gather to research and craft new technologies, buildings, weapons, and equipment. You can also scout the terrain using your sensors and dig for treasure buried underground.
- RESEARCH – Use your gathered samples to research new technologies that will help you build up your base, improve your defenses, develop new blueprints for your Mecha-Suit, or improve existing technologies.
- CRAFT – Mr. Riggs is fully customizable and upgradeable. Use the blueprints that you’ve researched to craft new parts and weapons. Utilizing better materials in the crafting process will result in gear with improved properties. Each crafted item has unique properties.
- INTERACTIVE STREAMING – The Riftbreaker™ has built-in integration with all the most popular streaming services. The stream’s audience can actively participate in the game through multiple options, e.g., by voting to send waves of new enemies, donating resources, or spawning environmental disasters like a tornado.
- THE SCHMETTERLING ENGINE – This game is built using the latest iteration of EXOR Studios’ in-house developed Schmetterling 2.0 engine, which was previously used to create X-Morph: Defense™ and Zombie Driver™. We pride ourselves in delivering fluid gameplay and utilizing all your hardware’s capabilities: uncapped frame rate, support for widescreen monitors, customizable controls, and more.
- COMMUNITY-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT – If you’ve already read everything up to this point, then you might be interested in helping us shape the game. Please get in touch with us via our official Discord server or any other of our social media channels. We’ll be sharing inside info about the progress of the game’s development, and we’d love to hear your feedback. Please come and help us make The Riftbreaker™ the game YOU want to play!
The Riftbreaker™ is currently under development and has an estimated release date – autumn 2021. The game is coming to PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be released at a later date.
More information about The Riftbreaker™ can be found on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/780310/The_Riftbreaker/), the official website (http://www.riftbreaker.com/), Facebook, and Twitter. You can also join the official Discord channel to chat with the devs about the development progress.
About Exor Studios
EXOR Studios is an independent game studio located in Szczecin, Poland. A team of passionate veterans, EXOR Studios is focused on delivering high-quality titles for core gaming platforms – PC and consoles. EXOR Studios was officially founded in 2007; however, the company’s roots as a modding group can be traced back to as early as 2003. The studio’s first major project was D.I.P.R.I.P., a total conversion mod for Valve Software’s Source Engine. The experience and know-how gained from this project have allowed the team to produce the games they really love and want to make. The first standalone game from EXOR was Zombie Driver, which has sold over 800,000 copies across multiple gaming platforms. The studio’s latest game, X-Morph: Defense, released on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch to the acclaim of game critics and players alike. https://www.exorstudios.com
About Maximum Games
Maximum Games ranks as a top 20 global video game publisher of interactive digital entertainment spanning all genres and supporting multi-platforms. The company’s mission is to provide a proven and strong hands-on approach to publishing, marketing, and distribution. Established in 2009, the company is led by female entrepreneur Christina Seelye, a seasoned executive of digital consumer products and channel marketing. Under Seelye’s leadership, the company has been recognized with numerous awards such as “Fastest Growing Tech Company” by American Business Awards and has made the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies for five consecutive years. Maximum Games has offices in both the US and UK and continues to expand its scope of global publishing and distribution via direct reach and strategic partnerships. For more information on Maximum Games, visit the company’s website at http://www.maximumgames.com.