Wrext-Gen: Wreckfest coming to PS5 on June 1st 2021!
Sydney, Australia, March 30th, 2021 – The critically acclaimed demolition racer Wreckfest is ready to wreck on PlayStation®5 starting June 1st, 2021!
The PlayStation®5 version offers the best Wreckfest experience on consoles ever and takes full advantage of the PlayStation®5’s hardware power. Not only does the new version offer enhanced visuals such as dynamic dirt on vehicles, better textures, and improved visual effects. Additionally, it also runs with a wonderful 4K resolution at a smooth 60 frames per second. The multiplayer features 24 players now, for even more intense carnage on the race tracks.
Here is an overview of the added enhancements:
- Dynamic dirt on vehicles
- Improved shadows, particles, and environment lighting
- Higher resolution textures
- Increased amount of foliage
- New visual effects for skidmarks
- DualSense haptic effects
- Much faster loading times
Wreckfest is coming to PS5™ on June 1st, 2021, and will be available both digitally and at retail.
Owners of Wreckfest on PS4™ can upgrade to the enhanced version on PS5™ for €9.99 (local pricing to be confirmed).
Expect epic crashes, neck-to-neck fights over the finish line and brand-new ways for metal to bend – These are the once-in-a-lifetime moments that can only be achieved in Wreckfest, with its true-to-life physics simulation crafted by legendary developer Bugbear, who also brought you FlatOut 1, 2 and Ultimate Carnage. Burn rubber and shred metal in the ultimate driving playground!
- Awesome Cars – Old, banged-up, patched-together cars that simply ooze style! From old American heavy-hitters to agile Europeans and fun Asians, you won’t find anything like this in other games.
- Meaningful Customisation – Change not only the look of your cars but also upgrade their body armour.
- Multiplayer – Wreck your friends online and take racing to the limit while chasing for demolition dominance!
Notes for Editors:
About THQ Nordic
The THQ Nordic official boiler plate can be found here: https://thqnordic.com/company/about
About Bugbear Entertainment
Bugbear Entertainment is a game studio specializing in action driving. The company has been developing car games for sixteen years, starting with Rally Trophy (2001, PC). With over a decade of development under its belt, Bugbear Entertainment has successfully redefined the genre of action racing and is best known for the critically acclaimed demolition racing series FlatOut (2004-2007, PC, PS2™, Xbox, Xbox 360) and street racing title Ridge Racer Unbounded (2013, PC, PS3™, Xbox 360).