Chicago’s criminal Kings and Queens hit the streets on PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch today
This character-driven, noir-inspired game puts players smack dab in the glitz and glamour of the roaring 20s, all while working behind the scenes in the gritty underbelly of organized crime. It’s up to you to hustle, charm and intimidate your way to the top of the pile and do whatever it takes to stay there. Empire of Sin’s gameplay is structured around three pillars:
- Roleplay: Choose one of fourteen unique bosses based on fictional and real-world gangsters, then set out to build and manage your criminal empire in Chicago’s infamous Prohibition era. Go to the mattresses as Al Capone or Goldie Garneau and send the rest of Chicago’s underworld to sleep with the fishes!
- Empire Management: Build your Empire of Sin and run Chicago’s underworld economy with business savvy, brutality or city-wide notoriety. Strategically manage your establishments such as speakeasies, supply chains, casinos and more.
- Turn-Based Combat: Assemble a killer gang from Empire of Sin’s more than fifty recruitable gangsters and slug it out in turn-based combat to defend and expand your territory – or send a message to opposing gangs.
Check out first 30 mins of Gameplay here:
Check out official Trailer here:
“Empire of Sin is labor of love, a game I’ve wanted to make for 20 years,” said Brenda Romero, game director, Romero Games. “If games are about wish fulfillment, anyone who’s ever wished to run a criminal empire is in for a treat. We designed the game to put you right there in the thick of the action, at the very beginning of Prohibition. It goes without saying, but I’ll say it — the Empire of Sin team can’t wait to get this game into players’ hands.”
“Empire of Sin is the perfect video game cocktail: it fuses together the strategy and management gameplay that Paradox is known for with new flavors like turn-based combat, all set in the meticulously recreated world of 1920’s Chicago,” said Ebba Ljungerud, CEO, Paradox. “Bringing this ambitious project to the finish line has been a wonderful collaboration with Romero Games, and we’re thrilled for players to take their first steps into Prohibition today!”
Purchase Empire of Sin today at the links below. In addition to the base game, there are additional pre-order upgrade packs that contain a wide range of perks. Wiseguys who want to outfit their Empire can grab the Deluxe and Premium Editions that include stylish cosmetics, recruitable crewmates, weapon sets and more.
- PC and Mac (via Steam): https://store.steampowered.com/app/604540/Empire_of_Sin/
- PlayStation 4: https://store.playstation.com/product/EP4139-CUSA17732_00-EMPIREOFSINEU001
- Xbox One: https://www.microsoft.com/store/p/Empire-of-sin/9NN7NF8N5Q5C
- Nintendo Switch: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/empire-of-sin-switch/
Join the family on social:
- Official Website: empireofsingame.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/EmpireOfSinGame
- Twitter: twitter.com/EmpireOfSinGame
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2. Today, over four million people play a Paradox game each month, and the number of registered Paradox users is over twelve million.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.