Halloween in New Eden: EVE Echoes Unveils Brand New ‘Crimson Harvest’ Event
New Modules and Items Also Added to NetEase Games’ Mobile MMORPG
Guangzhou, China – October 31, 2020: Bringing some much needed festive cheer to players, NetEase Games is excited to lift the lid on several updates about to hit its celebrated mobile MMORPG EVE Echoes, with the roll-out of brand new Halloween-themed ‘The Crimson Harvest’ event leading the line.
Alongside the addition of seven new modules designed to reflect player feedback (including an Interdiction Sphere Launcher, Warp Disruption Field Generator, Warp Scrambler, Sensor Dampening, Target Painter, and a Tracking Disruptor and Guidance Disruptor), the aforementioned special event will run between October 31st and November 10th.
During the event, Crimson Harvest Anomalies were added to the universe. These will include Haunted Ruins and Carnival at Cemetery, which are low-level festive anomalies and high-level festive anomalies respectively. Both of them will appear in each system in the universe at random, with there naturally being a greater chance of low-level anomalies compared to the intentionally rarer high-level anomalies.
Brand new Halloween-themed skins will also be available in New Eden Store during the event. During the event, four kinds of different Skin boxes will be added, with some big discounts on some of these Skin boxes.
Neatly, the design of the Halloween skin was inspired by pumpkins, featuring an orange and black hull and an amazing flame-like effect when driving. These Skin batches will be on offer for a limited time – when the event is over, they will be removed from the store, and won’t be available as daily merchandise.
The Crimson Harvest event includes:
- Crimson Harvest Anomalies will appear in the universe. These include Haunted Ruins (Low-level Festive Anomalie) and Carnival at Cemetery (High-level Festive Anomalies).
- During the event, both will appear in each system in the universe at random, with there naturally being a greater chance of low-level anomalies compared to the intentionally rarer high-level anomalies.
- You can get brand new Modules and Halloween exclusive Skins from Haunted Supply Boxes. There’s even a chance of getting permanent Halloween Skins. Haunted Supply Boxes can be traded.
- The 7 new Modules can only be obtained through Haunted Supply Boxes during the event. On Nov. 11, these Modules can be obtained in the normal ways, once we’ve finished some final tweaks to the pirate system.
- Opening Haunted Supply Box III grants new storyline Modules and permanent Halloween Skins.
Limited-time The Crimson Harvest Skins include:
- Limited-Time Skins will be available in New Eden Store during the event. The way Skins have been provided has been changed: during the event, we are adding 4 kinds of different Skin boxes.
- This batch of Skins are limited-time offers. When the event is over, they will be removed from the store, and won’t be available as daily merchandise.
October has seen EVE Echoes build on its growing popularity, with the game playing host to what may have been the biggest scale online battle in the history of mobile games.
Up to 1,200 players worldwide took park in an encounter between the Genesis Federation Alliance and OP4S alliance. With the former coming out victorious, the skirmish resulted in more than 1,350 ships being lost, alongside 61.2 billion ISK – EVE’s currency.
“We took control of the station grid,” said a spokesperson for the Genesis Federation Alliance. “As we tried to shoot enemy ships, they split their force between people who would shoot us and dozens of people who would undock and use the 60-second undock timer to cloud our overview with ships we could not shoot. In the meantime, the other fleet was free to use their other ships to attack us. When we identified those and tried to attack them, they would warp off and the undocking ships would shoot us from behind. Additionally, they abused the immunity to dock and undock guardian ships.”
Players can expect to see further battles of a similar scale take place during Halloween, both during and after The Crimson Harvest.
About NetEase Games
NetEase Games is the online games division of NetEase, Inc., developing and operating some of the most popular mobile and PC games in markets including China and Japan. As one of the world’s largest incubators of quality online game content, NetEase Games is dedicated to supporting the growth of innovative studios around the globe and growing an international presence along the way. To complement its self-developed games and world-class R&D capabilities, NetEase Games also partners with other industry leaders including Blizzard Entertainment, Mojang AB (a Microsoft subsidiary) and other global game developers to operate some of the most popular international online games in China. For more information, please visit neteasegames.com.