- Protect major gaming investments such as consoles, gaming PCs, and other entertainment devices from harmful power irregularities
- Now available, the APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS allows gamers to be confident that they will remain connected, protected and in the game
- Esports certified to protect both professional and recreational gamers from power disruptions, dropped games and resulting penalties
ANDOVER, MA (October 21, 2020) – Schneider Electric, the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, today launches the APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS. This stylish and state-of-the-art uninterruptible power supply (UPS) is designed to protect gaming gear and maintain connection through power irregularities — keeping PC and console gamers in the game. As the first UPS specifically designed with gamers in mind, the APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS delivers uninterrupted power protection, even during power outages.
As gamers invest more in their equipment and spend more time winning games, protecting both is critical. The APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS features sine wave battery backup power, delivering the smooth electrical current required by sensitive electronics and AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulation) to help protect against power irregularities and resulting glitches during an outage, while helping to extend the lifespan of gaming equipment. The APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS also boasts a patented reactor circle which provides status of remaining power, surges, dips, power outages and building wiring faults visible from every angle.
Schneider Electric is also a D&H Certified Esports Provider, meaning that esports enthusiasts and pros alike can play with peace of mind, knowing their reputation won’t be tarnished over something outside of their control. Adding the APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS to their setup allows both professional and recreational gamers to be confident that they will remain:
- Protected: A gaming battery backup protects valuable gaming systems from more than seven different types of power interruptions
- Connected: After shutting down a game, the system continues to provide power to a router and/or modem
- In the Game: If the power is interrupted or lost during play, backup power allows gamers to finish a match and reap the rewards that would have otherwise been lost
“Power irregularities are not just limited to storms. Gaming gear is highly sensitive electronics and unclean power can cause game disruption or damage equipment. At the end of the day – it’s not if, it’s when,” said Christian Enriquez, Global Product Marketing Manager, Schneider Electric. “Winning your match is about teamwork and a quality of a great team member is reliability. APC Back-UPS Pro Gaming helps you stay in the game and being there for your team when they need you most.”
APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS Key Features:
- Reactor Circle: When the Gaming UPS is on battery backup power, the reactor circle ticks down to show how much time is left at a glance
- 160 Degree Slant: APC made sure the reactor circle is titled at 160 degrees, so it’s visible from nearly every angle
- Functional Lighting: When the Gaming UPS detects a power anomaly — like surges, dips, and even wiring faults — it notifies gamers with pulsing lights
- Six Battery Back-up Outlets: Complete with surge protection, the unit instantly powers sensitive electronics, such as an Xbox, PlayStation, PCs, TVs, or routers/modems, during a power loss
- Four Additional Surge-Only Outlets: Designed to protect against unsafe power surges and “hard shutdowns” that can permanently damage equipment
- Three Easy-Access Front USB Ports: Recharge devices, like a gaming headset and cellphone
- Custom Look: Available in two color options – Arctic (BGM1500) and Midnight (BGM1500B), both with 12 customizable RGB LED lights to match a user’s gaming setup
A launch live stream for the APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS will be held today at 7:30pm ET and can be viewed here:
The APC Back-UPS™ Pro Gaming UPS is available for purchase starting today in North America for USD $259.99 at retail stores nationwide and online at Amazon, Newegg, and B&H Photo. Soon to be available at Best Buy and Microcenter.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.