A 90s FPS, 30 YEARS LATER
GOING TO HELL HAS NEVER FELT SO GOOD!
Buenos Aires, Argentina, July 15th, 2020 — Argentinian developers Saibot Studios, partnering with veteran developer and now also publisher Nimble Giant, will be releasing their head-pounding homage to 90s shooters, Hellbound, on Steam August 4th! After jumpstarting the project with a successful Kickstarter, and releasing popular demos to give players a taste of the bloodbath, the team is excited to finally release this gloriously brutal game!
The game will transport the player to Hell, a once sacred place that is now home to unspeakable evils, where carnage of their own design awaits them. “Hellbound: Survival Mode has been available on Steam for two years, and the response from old school shooter fans has been incredible! We’ve learned a lot since the demo’s release, and have fueled that into the creation of a full-fledged campaign that will test players’ mettle as they carve their way through demons as fast as they can! Speed is the name of the game in Hellbound,” says Tobias Rusjan from Saibot Studios.
Saibot Studios, known for their episodic horror-drenched Doorways games, is cranking the fear to 11 in Hellbound with the help of Nimble Giant, creators of the innovative arena shooter Quantum League, MMORPG Champions of Regnum and the sci-fi tactics game Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars. The teams are forging their combined knowledge together to create the ultimate tribute to first-person shooter classics such as DOOM and Quake.
“This is a milestone for everyone at Nimble Giant as Hellbound is the first project where we are acting as a publisher. Partnering up with Saibot Studios was a great fit as both companies share a passion for the genre, a true commitment to quality and the ambition to deliver great games made in LatAm.” – Said Andres Chilkowski CCO at Nimble Giant Entertainment.
Players will assume the role of Hellgore, a hulking brute that in his own words, is all about “blood, nukes, earthquakes, serious action, and most importantly, BIG F***ING GUNS!” And who better to represent this huge chunk of muscle than voice actor Artie Widgery?
To get a taste of the character’s power, and his journey through Hell, be sure to check out the new gameplay video here.
- FAST-PACED ACTION: Be consumed by the relentless gameplay that rips you through demon dominated levels!
- WEAPON SELECTION: How you slaughter monsters is just as important as doing it. Can someone say Triple Shotgun?
- DEVASTATING POWERS: Pairing those weapons with boosts such as increased damage and speed ratchets up the action another notch!
- MONSTROUS GRAPHICS: Hellbound delivers high-resolution gameplay without sacrificing the nostalgic feeling.
- A CAVALCADE OF DEMONS: Enhancing the gameplay is demonic variety, pushing the player to tackle the game in different ways.
- Kick a**es while listening to the soundtrack composed by the great David Levill, with invited artists Federico Ágreda “Zardonic” and Christian Fernando Perucchi.
- 7 campaign levels, 4 survival arenas, 8 classes of enemies, 5 heavy weapons, 3 power-ups, and tons of secrets to discover!
Saibot Studios’ Twitter
Nimble Giant’s Website
About Saibot Studios
Saibot Studios is an independent studio comprised of native Argentines that collectively bring a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience to the project, whether that be game development, art, and design, or music composition. The horror crafted by their Doorways series of episodic games is married with the FPS action that the team grew up on in Hellbound.
About Nimble Giant Entertainment
Nimble Giant (formerly known as NGD Studios) brings nearly twenty years of experience in all corners of gaming to Hellbound. Founded in 2002, is one of the leading game development studios in Latin America. The studio’s first major release, Champions of Regnum was the first commercial MMORPG made in the region. The latest published title is Quantum League, an innovative arena shooter with time-travelling mechanics. More at www.nimblegiant.com