Streets of Rage 4 Now Available on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Limited Time 10 Percent Discount Detailed
Beat-Em-Up Genre-Defining Classic Makes Long-Awaited Return After 25 Years with
Evolved Features, Authentic Spirit
PARIS (April 30, 2020) – Publisher and co-developer Dotemu (publisher of Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, developer of Windjammers 1 and 2) with co-developers Lizardcube (Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap) and Guard Crush Games (Streets of Fury) are proud to announce Streets of Rage 4 is now available on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One as well as Xbox Game Pass. Steam, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 fans eager to bash through the iconic beat-em-up series’ revival can also enjoy a 10 percent discount off the $24.99 price if they purchase their copy within the first four days of launch.
Get a sense of the challenges ahead, along with an overview of all of Streets of Rage 4’s exciting additions, by viewing the game’s full launch trailer here
Streets of Rage 4 features:
● An All-New Story: Discover and counter new threats to the metropolis in events set 10 years after Streets of Rage 3.
● New and Returning Fighters: Series veterans Axel, Blaze, and Adam team up with newcomers Cherry and Floyd for a glorious beatdown-fueled return to form.
● Gorgeous Hand-Drawn Artwork: An intricate, neon-soaked envisioning of Wood Oak City brings its districts and brawlers to life through fluid animation and striking designs.
● Evolved Combat: New combo possibilities, risk-reward health recovery, and clever refinements give Streets of Rage fans ample opportunities to rack up killer combos.
● An Electrifying All-Star Soundtrack: Lead Composer Olivier Derivière upholds Streets of Rage’s signature sound while adding new sonic direction with substantial contributions from series composers Yūzō Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima and an East Meets West all-star lineup of contributors.
● Retro Pixel Characters: Embrace your nostalgia by fighting like hell to unlock a dozen pixel characters complete with their original movesets from Streets of Rage 1, 2, and 3.
● Pulse-Spiking Throwback Music: Knock out enemies to timeless songs selected from Streets of Rage 1 and Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack.
● Online & Offline Co-Op: Call friends in for backup and let loose via two-player online and four-player offline co-operative play.
● A Feud-Ending Battle Mode:
● A Relentless Boss Rush Mode: Prove your might against an onslaught from the deadliest opponents in Wood Oak City.
● A Fair Fight for Everyone: Choose from a range of five difficulty settings to suit your play style, whether you’re a newcomer learning your first combos or a hardcore fighter looking for a brutal challenge.
The first mainline series entry in more than 25 years, Streets of Rage 4 infuses the series’ classic elements with a modern evolution of gameplay, art and design, giving fans an authentically faithful tribute which still offers a distinctive experience.
To prepare for Streets of Rage 4, be sure to wishlist the game on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/985890/Streets_of_Rage_4/), visit www.streets4rage.com, check out www.facebook.com/StreetsofRage4, pummel @Dotemu, @Lizardcube, and @Guard_Crush’s follow buttons on Twitter, and join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/DvVq4yz.
Streets of Rage 4’s console releases were made possible through collaborations with Blitworks, the partner who managed the game’s port to Xbox One and the Microsoft Store, as well as Seaven Studio, the partner behind the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 versions.
# # #
Dotemu is a French video game company specializing in modern releases of beloved retro games. Our mission is simple: give every gamer access to yesteryear’s classic video games on today’s platforms, including PC, mobile, console and more. Working alongside the world’s most cherished and recognized publishers, the Dotemu team has published a number of global top-sellers across both PC and console including Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, with additional development and publishing work on Windjammers 1 and 2, several games in the Ys series, and more.
Founded in 2007, Dotemu leverages its considerable technological know-how to maintain the original spirit of classic games while giving them a second life as rediscovered gems for a new generation of gamers.
Lizardcube is a Parisian games studio founded by game industry veteran Omar Cornut (Dear ImGui, Pixeljunk Shooter, Tearaway, Soul Bubbles) and traditional comic/animation artist Ben Fiquet (Soul Bubbles). It is best known for the acclaimed remake of Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, praised for its gorgeous art style and retro engineering marvel.
About Guard Crush Games
Guard Crush Games was founded in 2009 by Jordi Asensio and Cyrille Lagarigue based on their passion for classic beat-em-up and side scrolling titles. The team is best known for its XBox 360 release, Streets of Fury, and follow-up on PC Streets of Fury: Extended Edition in 2015, which revel in over-the-top action and capture the studio’s love for fun side scrolling brawlers.