PORT ROYALE 4 SETS SAIL ON MAIDEN VOYAGE
Pre-Purchase Beta and Release Date Announced for Seafaring Trade Simulation
Sydney, Australia – (30th April, 2020) – Strategy publisher Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios today announced the launch of the closed beta for Port Royale 4, the latest entry in the ground breaking strategy series.
Available to pre-purchase customers on the Kalypso Store, the Port Royale 4 beta offers fans an exclusive opportunity to go hands-on with the title for the very first time. The beta includes access to the tutorial, the full Spanish campaign, and Free Mode, which will include four playable characters. As with the single player campaign, Spain will be the only playable nation in Free Mode.
The beta will be available in English and German, and also includes a survey for players to give their feedback and shape the game ahead of its full release on 25th September 2020.
Title: Port Royale 4
Platforms: Windows PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™
Developer: Gaming Minds Studios
Genre: Trading Simulation
Release: 25th September 2020
Set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. In Port Royale 4 you will take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor, eager to learn what it takes to manage and grow their small settlement into a bustling trader city.
Develop production chains connecting multiple islands and create complex trade routes across the Caribbean, covering the ever-growing needs of the respective cities. Make use of the detailed sea map to avoid stormy weather regions, cliffs or shallow waters. Fulfill tasks for your nation’s viceroy, earning more fame to unlock town buildings, ships and more. Conquer the cities of rival nations or hunt down their fleets with a letter of marque while also keeping a keen eye out for pirates and other privateers.
For the first time in the series, naval battles will be turn-based, with up to 8 ships battling at one time and tactical captain maneuvers that can turn the tide in even the most hopeless of situations for a glorious victory.
- Choose from four colonial powerhouses: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each providing different benefits and unique gameplay styles.
- Take on four extensive single player campaigns following each nation on their path to supremacy.
- Appoint a leader for your adventure from four different character classes: The Explorer, the Merchant, the Buccaneer and the Pirate – each providing their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge 3D game world. Steer clear of cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes.
- Select from 50 buildings, including 25 production sites, to produce goods like rum or luxuries. Construct town buildings with neighborhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the overall happiness of your citizens.
- 18 historically authentic ship types from the late 16th and 17th centuries.
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains.
- Licenses, building permits, new buildings and ships can be unlocked by growing your reputation within your nation.
For more information, please visit www.kalypsomedia.com