Eleven New Affixes, Ten New Achievements, Six New Enemies, Three New Outfits, Two New Items in One Free Dead Cells Update Today
Dead Cells ‘Bestiary Update’ Now Live on PC, consoles to follow in a few weeks
Bordeaux, France (April 22, 2020) – Dead Cells fans have several new enemies standing in their way today (alongside a myriad of new content updates) as the Bestiary Update is now live on PC with consoles to follow next month from Motion Twin and Evil Empire.
Fans are also treated to a whopping ten new achievements – with eight of them related to The Bad Seed DLC. Classic achievements are also now available and also secret, so there.
The update content is broken down below:
- Six brand new enemies await players
- Three of the enemies are biome specific and three are found throughout various levels at different Boss Cells
- Eleven new affixes on active skills
- Eight new normal affixes including ice, fire, bleed or poison, grenades arrows and more
- Three new starred affixes including oil and fire spreading around when a deployable trap is destroyed, pushing enemies around you when the effect of hte used active ends and extended duration on powers like Wings, Crow and Smokebomb
- Two new items
- Crowbar – a fast brutality weapon that crits after breaking a door or a breakable prop
- Portable Door: allows you to bring a door with you (covering your back while you take care of the mobs in front of you and allowing for an elegant stun effect when you decide to turn around)
- The Bad Seed addition from earlier this year has received new lore rooms and secrets for the Arboretum and the Morass, as well as new mobs to re-balance the bestiary of the level.
- Three new outfits cap off the major content updates
- Two are linked to the secrets and lore of The Bad Seed DLC, and one is available for everyone that can rise up to the ultimate challenge.
The full and dreadfully long list, including balance changes, can be found at https://dead-cells.com/patchnotes.
Winner and nominee for dozens of Game of the Year 2018 awards, Dead Cells is a critically-acclaimed roguelike metroidvania action platformer set within an unpredictable castle packed with dark secrets, game changing items and hordes of deadly beasts. Players face tough risk-reward decisions, building their loadout from an incredibly diverse arsenal of weapons and abilities in the hopes of dodging the castle’s omnipresent threat of permadeath. A steady series of post-launch updates addressing fan feedback has evolved Dead Cells, keeping its action-centric adventure as surprising as it is rewarding.
For the latest on Dead Cells, be sure to follow @motiontwin on Twitter.
# # #
About Motion Twin
Motion Twin is an independent game development studio based in France since 2001 and are the creators of the hit roguelike action game Dead Cells, available for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch platforms. Motion Twin is a worker cooperative passionate about creating new game experiences. Learn more at https://motion-twin.com/en/.
About Evil Empire
Evil Empire is the evil spawn of a bunch of ex-Motion Twiners. Formed in 2018 in close proximity and partnership with Motion Twin, Evil Empire is focused on producing new original content, both for Dead Cells and new IP.