TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX®SIEGE OPERATION VOID EDGE IS NOW AVAILABLE
Discover the new operators Iana and Oryx, the reworked Oregon map, and the new Ash’s Lara Croft® Elite set in Year 5 Season 1
Sydney, Australia — March 11th, 2020 — Today, Ubisoft announced that Operation Void Edge, the first season of Year 5 of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege, is now available for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC, including UPLAY+, Ubisoft’s subscription service for Windows PC*. Operation Void Edge brings two new Operators, Iana from the Netherlands and Oryx from Jordan, to the game. The Oregon map has been completely reworked to improve playability and aesthetics, alongside many other improvements. Finally, Ash is getting a full Lara Croft® set, based on the iconic Tomb Raider® character.
Owners of the Year 5 Pass can play with the new Operators immediately, while all other players will be able to unlock these Operators starting March 17th using Renown or R6 Credits. Additional seasonal content, including the Oregon map rework, are available for free to all players.
In Operation Void Edge, players will meet two new Operators:
- Iana uses the Gemini Replicator, a remotely-controlled holographic copy of herself. When she deploys it, she can scout ahead with little to no consequences. It can move and produce sound like she would, but it cannot shoot, melee or use secondary gadgets. The Replicator has a time limit or can be exited at any time. The Replicator is all about fooling Iana’s opponents as well as collecting information. If the Gemini is spotted and destroyed by a Defender, it can help Iana deduce the threat’s location, but it will buy her opponents a few precious seconds to reposition.
- Oryx’s signature move is the Remah Dash. Its speed allows him to roam efficiently and cover short distances with unprecedented swiftness and can also be used to knock down opponents. Oryx can also dash through breakable walls, creating a wide opening, though he loses health every time the Remah Dash is used for breaching. Additionally, Oryx has the unique ability to interact with broken hatches. He can climb straight through for a quick rotation, or he can hang on the edge to peek or wait for the perfect moment to go up. As long as he’s hanging, Oryx can also opt to drop down if the climb seems too dangerous.
The map reworks keep coming, and with Operation Void Edge, Oregon gets its turn. With an updated look, most areas are more open and structured. There are also new points of access and rotation. Big Tower now connects directly to Kitchen and a new area in the basement leads to the first floor. Some doors have also been removed.
Additional Operation Void Edge updates include the following:
- Barricade debris consistency: partially breaking a barricade with a weapon or a melee hit will now create much smaller debris.
- Attacker’s drone spawn: the drone will now always spawn on the same side of the building that the player first chose their operator to spawn from.
- Player Hub Changes: The Play Section is getting revamped.
- Lesion and Twitch changes: Lesion will no longer be able to see his GU Mines through obstructions, and when an opposing Operator steps on a GU, there will no longer be any initial damage. However, each tick’s damage has been increased from 4 to 6. On Twitch side, her Shock Drone will now start with three shots, but it will have a cooldown. Its firing power has also been reduced to 1 point of damage.
- Operators price decrease: Mira and Jackal’s prices will now be 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits, Lion and Finka’s go down to 15,000 Renown or 350 R6 Credits, while Mozzie and Gridlock’s costs will decrease to 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
- Void Edge Weapon skins: Three new seasonal weapon skins will be available this season, each with their own unique style: Saber Carbe, Clog Dance and River Scale.
- Year 5 Pass: The Year pass includes access to six new Year 5 Operators and six new exclusive headgear and uniforms for them. Players will also get the same VIP perks as always. As a thank you gift to Year 4 Pass owners, who renew their Pass for Year 5, we also offer 600 R6 Credits, as well as 2 Legendary and 3 Epic Alpha Packs.
Finally, a new elite set has also been added for Ash: Tomb Raider. Ash will don the identity of Lara Croft, jumping headfirst into danger for the greater good. Explore every corner of every map with Ash’s Lara Croft uniform, headgear, victory animation, gadget and weapon skins.
For more information on Operation Void Edge season updates, please visit: https://www.ubisoft.com/fr-fr/game/rainbow-six/siege/game-info/seasons/voidedge
For more information about Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, please visit: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com
*AU$19.95 per month. Cancel anytime. More information at uplayplus.com.
About Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
Alongside a thriving professional esports scene and a community of over 55 million registered players, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege puts players in the middle of a fast-paced, ever-evolving multiplayer experience grounded in the selection of unique Operators. Using the right mix of tactics and destruction, Rainbow Six teams engage their enemies in sieges, where both sides have exclusive skills and gadgets at their disposal. Defenders prepare by transforming the environments around them into modern strongholds, while attackers use recon drones to gain intel for carefully planning their assault. With access to dozens of Operators inspired by real world counter-intelligence agents from around the globe, players can choose exactly how they want to approach each challenge they encounter. Through the constant addition of new Operators and maps that add to the depth of both strategy and combat, the unpredictability of each round of Rainbow Six Siege sets a new bar for intensity and competition in gaming.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoft.com.
© 2020 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are registered trademarks in the US and/or other countries
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 149 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 80 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 75 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
Tomb Raider © Square Enix Limited. All rights reserved.
LARA CROFT, TOMB RAIDER, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, and TAITO are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.