TOM CLANCY’S GHOST RECON® BREAKPOINT EPISODE 2 AVAILABLE NOW, BRINGS BIGGEST UPDATE TO THE GAME SO FAR
Play Ghost Recon Breakpoint for Free From March 26 to 29
Sydney, Australia — March 24, 2020 — Today, Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint’s Episode 2 is now available. The Start of Episode 2 coincides with the release of the Title Update 2.0, including the new Ghost Experience and several other major additions. The update will be available on the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, UPLAY+, Ubisoft’s subscription service* and Stadia, the new generation gaming platform from Google.
Title Update 2.0 is the biggest update for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint yet. It will include:
- A new story Adventure tied to Episode 2 including eight narrative missions where players will team up with Sam Fisher, the renowned character from Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®. Together, they uncover a plot to develop mind-controlled military drones, and they will have to stop its development on Auroa. The Adventure will introduce new stealth-focused gameplay elements and feature cinematics with the voice of Michael Ironside. The full Adventure will be available to all Year One Pass owners or as a standalone purchase. All players will have access to the first mission and its 2 rewards for free, and will be able to join co-op parties with friends owning the Adventure. In all, ten new exclusive Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell-themed mission rewards will be available for players to earn, provided they own the Year One Pass or Adventure from mission 2 onwards.
- Two new classes available in both PvE and
PvP modes, with a one-week exclusivity for Year
One pass owners, starting today.
- The Echelon class.. It focuses on stealth, allowing players to move silently to eliminate enemies quietly. The Echelon Class’s special ability, Sonar Vision, helps players detect enemies through walls and disturb drones.
- The Engineer class. It lets players deal more damage to drones and be more effective with grenade launchers and its special ability, the Defense Drone, will attack nearby enemies, while its class tool, the Supply Drone, provides allies with an extra magazine of buffed ammo.
- The Ghost Experience, a new mode free to all players that will offer new immersive and tactical options to players and let them fully customize their experience, with the possibility of removing gear level and using a more realistic loot system. All details about the new mode can be found here: https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/47glKHsGQnwesnGk832Wkp/the-ghost-experience-new-immersive-mode-coming-to-tom-clancys-ghost-recon-breakpoint
- PVP updates, including 4 new maps and a map voting option.
Title Update 2.0 also features a host of community-requested features, including camera placement, BASE jumping, weapon/gear sorting options, vehicles, respawn system improvements, gunsmith updates and more. All details can be found here: https://www.ghostrecon.com/PatchNotes2_0_0
Additionally, new players will be able to experience all the new content brought by the TU 2.0 update on the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system during the Free Weekend from March 26 until March 29.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint will continue to receive regular updates in the coming months. To stay up to date with all updates please visit ghost-recon.ubisoft.com.
For the latest news about other Ubisoft games, please visit news.ubisoft.com.
About Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Developed by Ubisoft Paris**, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a military shooter putting players in the boots of the Ghosts, an elite US Special Operations unit. Set in a diverse and hostile open world, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint offers an entirely new adventure playable solo or in up to four-player co-op, as well as PvP at launch.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Just Dance, Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy’s video game series including Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and The Division. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018–19 fiscal year, Ubisoft generated net bookings of €2,029 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2019 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Tom Clancy’s, Ghost Recon, the Soldier Icon, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are registered or unregistered trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
* $19.95 AUD per month. Cancel anytime. More information at uplayplus.com.
** In collaboration with Ubisoft Bucharest, Montpellier, Bordeaux, Odessa, Kiev, Belgrade and Milan studios.