UBISOFT® INTRODUCES ‘PHASE 3’ OF ITS VISION OF SUSTAINABLE ESPORTS FOR TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX® SIEGE
Phase 3 is the keystone of Ubisoft’s vision of sustainable esports for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege
Sydney, Australia — February 17, 2020 — Drawing from 2 years of learnings provided by Phase 1 and 2 of the Pilot Program, the revenue-sharing test-initiative first introduced in 2018, Ubisoft® introduced today at the Six Invitational 2020 ‘Phase 3’, the keystone of Ubisoft’s vision of sustainable esports for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege.
Phase 3 aims to ensure a mature and virtuous environment for partner organisations engaged in the Rainbow Six professional esports scene and a supportive environment for our teams, players and talent by:
- Supporting up to 44 organisations worldwide, across NA, EU, LATAM & APAC.
- Running for the next 4 years, allowing organisations to think long term.
- Introducing a multi-tier support system with 3 Tiers, to adapt both revenue shares and requirements to the organisations variable situations.
Phase 3 will provide a clear, virtuous and structured approach to supporting our valuable professional esports scene. This program will redefine what it means to be a ‘Pro’ team in Rainbow Six Siege through higher industry standards.
Phase 3 implements a qualitative in-depth selection process, involving third parties to ensure a fair and neutral evaluation process.
- To be eligible, organisations must meet the minimum requirements of having a Rainbow Six Siege roster competing at a professional regional level and participating in a national program.
- To determine how organisations will be split into the 3 Tiers, third parties will evaluate the applications submitted by the organisations.
- Organisations selected to enter Phase 3 will then be assessed every 3 months and ranked against other organizations in their Tier on a set of criteria such a viewership, support provided to their players, revenues from their in-game items sales and so on. Organisations can be promoted or demoted from one Tier to another at the end of the year.
- Tiers and ranks will determine each organisation’s part of the revenue-sharing.
Overall, 30% of the net revenue on selected items will be redistributed to the Phase 3 organisations:
- League items: for every regional league set sold, 30% of the net revenue will be split 4 ways between Tier 1 organisations, Tier 2, Tier 3 and a Performance Pool.
- Pro Team items: for every team-branded item sold, 30% of the net revenue will be shared with the organisation whose branded item is purchased.
- Six Major items: An Operator bundle will be produced for each Major. 30% of the net revenue from these items will contribute to the prize pool of any Six Major event
- Road to S.I. Battle Pass: 30% of the net revenue from the Road to Six Invitational Battle Pass will go towards the Six Invitational prize pool.
- For revenue generated by the Six Major items and the Road to S.I. Battle Pass contributing to the respective prize pools of those events, if a team wins part of that prize money in the competition, then 70% of this prize money will go to the players and 30% to the organisation.
More details on Phase 3 are available here: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/rainbow-six/siege/news-updates/7N1J3eGDVRon8q8OCE9kLV/introducing-phase-3-of-the-rainbow-six-vision-of-sustainable-esports
For more information about Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six esports, please visit http://www.rainbow6.com/esports and follow us at https://twitter.com/R6esports and https://instagram.com/R6esports with the hashtag #SixInvitational.
About Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
Alongside a thriving professional esports scene and a community of over 50 million registered players, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege puts players in the middle of a fast-paced, ever-evolving multiplayer experience grounded in the selection of unique Operators. Using the right mix of tactics and destruction, Rainbow Six teams engage their enemies in sieges, where both sides have exclusive skills and gadgets at their disposal. Defenders prepare by transforming the environments around them into modern strongholds, while attackers use recon drones to gain intel for carefully planning their assault. With access to dozens of Operators inspired by real world counter-intelligence agents from around the globe, players can choose exactly how they want to approach each challenge they encounter. Through the constant addition of new Operators and maps that add to the depth of both strategy and combat, the unpredictability of each round of Rainbow Six Siege sets a new bar for intensity and competition in gaming.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoft.com.
© 2020 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are registered trademarks in the US and/or other countries