Sentient Tablet Boots Up Humanity’s Salvation in Ninja Parkour Adventure KUNAI, Now Available on Steam, Nintendo Switch
New Launch Trailer Introduces the Resistance, Debuts Upgradable Powers
PARIS (Feb. 6, 2020) – Publisher The Arcade Crew and developer TurtleBlaze today released KUNAI, a charismatic tablet-faced warrior’s fight to save humanity from an impending overwrite by a new mechanical age, on Steam and Nintendo Switch for $16.99.
Decking players out in minutes with a killer sword, dual grappling hook-esque short blades, and the most emotive operating system ever created, KUNAI keeps exploration snappy, fluid, and entertaining. A new trailer demonstrates how scrapping squads of enemies without ever touching the ground is as satisfying as grappling up to a new secret area
KUNAI’s journey pits players against the subservient AI hordes commanded by Lemonkus. Once a spirited, well-meaning inventor, Lemonkus’ aspirations for bettering the world have devolved into a ceaseless march for efficiency regardless of consequences. Players stand as the final chance for reverting humankind’s imminent demise before Lemonkus’ ultimate vision is made a reality.
- Relentless Agility: Grapple up walls, hop across enemies, and hover over hazards. KUNAI’s traversal between regions and foes is smooth, swift, and responsive.
- Killer Weapons: Wreck havoc with a missile-deflecting sword, death-dodging kunai, and dual-wieldable machine guns. KUNAI’s formidable weapons grant a fighting chance in a world overrun by despair.
- Overflowing Charm: Feel like >:[ after taking a hit, 😀 while swinging over hazards, and :3 when crouching to ambush the level below. KUNAI’s starring warrior wears all emotions on its slee- … er, screen.
- Evolving Arsenal: Unlock powerful new abilities to ensure your tablet-powered onslaught is a state-of-the-art affair.
- Colorful Visuals: A striking visual style gives each region an immediate identity, with palettes ranging from subdued to gorgeously rich and vivid.
For more on KUNAI, visit the game’s official website (https://kunaigame.com/), follow The Arcade Crew on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheArcadeCrew), and check out the game’s Steam page (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1001800/KUNAI/).
# # #
A lively Netherlands-based trio brought together in part by a shared quarter-life crisis, TurtleBlaze’s team draws guidance from the keystone gaming experiences which sparked and have since fueled its adoration of video games as a medium. To stay up to date on TurtleBlaze’s creations, please visit the studio’s official site (http://turtleblaze.com/) or follow them on Twitter (https://twitter.com/turtleblaze).
About the Arcade Crew
The Arcade Crew is based in Paris as a separate division of Dotemu. The boutique publisher is dedicated to producing and publishing awesome original games with a retro feel from small creative teams. The Crew is thrilled to discover and support new talents and create a real community around classic inspired titles. Get in touch with us at https://www.thearcadecrew.com/ and follow us on Twitter @thearcadecrew.